SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#211270 - 11/24/06 02:48 PM Ok, 'fess up...
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Who succumbed to "Black Friday" madness and woke up early, joined the "crazies", and bought a bunch of totally unneccessary junk?

Ok, I'll start. Went into BestBuy to pick up a couple of those $14.95 1G thumb drives and left with a 60" plasma tv. So far, I have "enjoyed" two meals, lunch and dinner, with my wife in stoney silence. This may go beyond the usual "beg for forgiveness later" solution. Ummmm, sure hope I can remember how to cook my own meals, run the dishwasher, operate the washer/dryer, etc.

chas

#211271 - 11/24/06 02:57 PM Re: Ok, 'fess up...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
She'll get over it!
I played golf, then watched LSU whoop up on Arkansas. A totally satisfying day!
DonM

#211272 - 11/24/06 03:58 PM Re: Ok, 'fess up...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I took the back roads up to where my sailboat is winter stored, checked everything out, took a liesurely drive home over the same country roads, then enjoyed a Green Bananna Margaretta. Ahhhh! The good life. Too bad winter is just a few days away.

Bottom's up!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#211273 - 11/24/06 04:52 PM Re: Ok, 'fess up...
Dnj Offline

Gary us locals gotta move on the country roads for sure......man its brutal out there till after new years....

#211274 - 11/25/06 12:51 AM Re: Ok, 'fess up...
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Just got back from our daily early morning walk along the 4 miles of beach. We moved from the City to live by the sea last year which we should have done long ago.
Winter is milder than normal so life is sweet....a small downside if the weather stays mild the grass will still need mowing through the winter..Ha!!!.

#211275 - 11/25/06 01:21 AM Re: Ok, 'fess up...
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
For the first time my wife and I decided we would not have guests for Thanksgiving. Early morning we went to the park and had a two-mile walk. When we came home we fussed with our toys – for me it was keyboard and guitar. Phyllis and I worked together and prepared a nice chicken dinner, (too much turkey for two) then off to an evening movie. It was one of the nicest days we have had together.

Gary and Graham, I’m jealous of your country living, Phyllis and I are thinking of selling our home and using our motor home to search for an ideal country area to live. It has been a dream for many years.

Gary, I sense a peace in your life –Music, country, boats and Margarettas, ha ha, sounds great.

Good holiday, John C.

#211276 - 11/25/06 03:04 AM Re: Ok, 'fess up...
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
We moved from the City to live by the sea last year.

Hi Graham
Your move from Nottingham to Sutton-on Sea was a wise move although I liked Nottingham very much. I have good memories of visiting on business and pleasure what used to be a 'swinging' city in the 1970's but Sutton is more comfy for me now I am in MY 70's.
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#211277 - 11/25/06 04:07 AM Re: Ok, 'fess up...
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Eddie. You have no email in your profile...so I'll reply here.

You could sell your home in Rotherham and move to Sutton On Sea....buy a new bungalow and still put money in the bank.
You are welcome to visit us.

PS I used to sell to a Hi-Fi shop in Rotherham...happy memories

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 11-25-2006).]

#211278 - 11/25/06 06:07 AM Re: Ok, 'fess up...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
John,

Where I live there were still cows and a dairy farm in the middle of town until about 15 years ago. Then the developers discovered ways to gobble up as much farmland as possible, and the state and county allowed them to build McMansions, homes that begin at $750,000 and sit on postage stamp size parcels of ground. The traffic's getting heavier, but it's still bearable most of the time. As DNJ will tell you, I live in the sticks, and if it were not for the cold winters and constantly increasing tax burden I couln't think of a better place.

My ultimate goal is to buy a much larger sailboat, something in the 52 to 55-foot category, one that will allow me to spend my winters living aboard it in the Florida Keys and sail back north when the temperature here is higher than my age. My loving wife is not real keen on this one, but she wasn't real keen about the boat I now own. What the hell, she'll eventually get over it!

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#211279 - 11/25/06 11:34 AM Re: Ok, 'fess up...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, just tell "momma" that you had to get the TV for when I move in and we start rehearsing our "Country" Act....HA HA!

Russ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online