SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#211180 - 10/28/03 05:05 PM Re: Abother PA1X Demo
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Wow, It is hard to believe this is the same keyboard in a prior demo..A skilled player makes the difference with guitar work..The demo shows off the apparent strenghts, namely guitar and brass sounds, as well as nice drums and styles..They did not show the piano much[maybe it is still Korg piano, that would be a bummer]..I disagree with Terry, the sounds illustrated in this demo blow the Tyros away..With the probable better vocal harmonizer and MP3 player[option], this could be the best unit for the stage and studio. We will have to see the weaknesses before we embrace it as the "BEST"..BTW, as you all know I am not a strong Korg fan, but they have my initial attention...Can't wait to see what Roland has on the drawing table,,hopefully they are paying attention to the other guys..

#211181 - 10/28/03 07:33 PM Re: Abother PA1X Demo
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I did play the keyboard this past summer .The action s very nice . Very similar to SD1 , maybe a little better .

#211182 - 10/28/03 08:17 PM Re: Abother PA1X Demo
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Uh oh.. I was seriously considering sacrificing some gear for the Tyros. ( maybe even my "beloved" PA80 .. and I am a korg fan ) Now I'm not so sure.... Not sure at all...

As far as the sounds. it's still hard for me to judge on an MP3 demo,. but the PA80 live and in my face doesn't sound as good to me. If this board is as good as it might seem to be from the demo.. what a complement it would be to the Motif ES. Even from these demos, the PA1x sounds appear to be every bit as good.

I still really need to see one first. I hope someone here on the East Coast will stock them...

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 10-28-2003).]

#211183 - 10/29/03 01:42 PM Re: Abother PA1X Demo
MonSound Offline

Loc: Norway
The difference between this demo and the earlier video from Denmark is really remarkable, even if you disregard the lousy sound quality on the video. Just listen to the guitar sounds, the trumpet, the brass sections etc. When the danish guy is playing, it sounds very synthetic in my ears, far from the "live" sounds you hear on the MP3 demo.

So, my question is: Can we expect this sound quality when playing "live" using the arranger functions, or is this demo made using the sequencer with a lot of optimizing and tweaking of each sound afterwards?

If the MP3 demo really shows the quality we can expect when playing live, then I have this advice to Korg: Get a demo guy with show qualities similar to the guys from Yamaha (for instance Michael Voncken or Bert Smorenburg). Then make some high quality videos with him showing the features and sound quality of the board, and publish them on the net. The marketing value would probably be enormous.

#211184 - 10/30/03 01:18 PM Re: Abother PA1X Demo
zalmi Offline

Loc: London, UK
Is 2:36 the right length of the demo? When it was downloading it said it was longer with 12Mb. My finished file is 2.98 Mb? Did I miss some of it?

What I heard, sounded very good IMHO. Sounds very natural and I just LOVE that funky style that Korg always use on their demos.

#211185 - 10/30/03 01:34 PM Re: Abother PA1X Demo
Dnj Offline

Yes first time I heard it it as 10:00 LONG....then later on it kept cuting off after a few minutes of play.. too bad.
The end was the the Big Band Demo song...which is terrific!

#211186 - 10/30/03 03:23 PM Re: Abother PA1X Demo
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
I heard the full 10 minutes. Sounds good to me. Watch out Yamaha! The bass parts have more than one note and the drummer is not afraid to hit the drums!
Heh heh heh, just tweaking you yammy guys!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online