SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#211150 - 12/17/06 01:41 PM Songbooki feature on PA800
jonesyboy Offline

Hi All,
Does anyone know if there is any kind of software or programme that converts the cryptic song titles on the PA800 to the actual song titles? I remember when I first had the Tyros and Tyros 2 that there was a disk that came which when loaded made the song titles the actual song titles - just wondered if there is such a thing with the PA800 - It is also a great keyboard too - good deals to be had too - bought mine for just £1,350!
George review was spot on...
Regards
Mark!

[This message has been edited by jonesyboy (edited 12-17-2006).]

#211151 - 12/17/06 04:46 PM Re: Songbooki feature on PA800
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
you got the korg pa800 as well as the MS Jonesyboy ? How do the two compare next to each other in terms of styles, sounds ease of use ? If you have any giga sounds please use them in the styles on your MS and tell us if they really sound any better than the proprietory sounds in the korg as a complete mix ? Do all that you can to balance the styles and EQ them appropriately.All this should already have been done on the Korg.

I believe this is key to establishing the reality of the benefit of having an "open system" based arranger keyboard

#211152 - 12/17/06 06:16 PM Re: Songbooki feature on PA800
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The MS will be able to use the Giga sounds in the styles after the release of the Linux sampler 4...this week..

#211153 - 12/18/06 12:25 AM Re: Songbooki feature on PA800
jonesyboy Offline

I bought the PA 800 as a replacement for the Tyros 2 - I know I am going to get slammed by Yamaha lovers everywhere - the PA800 was agraet deal and sounded really nice - great sounds and styles, easy to use and play - menu easy to use (Easy mode/Expert mode) and just overall a nice board - apart from ridiculous blue colour!
Really happy with it - just need to get a non cryptic list for the songbook feature!
The Styles on the Korg are excellent - all nicely done and well balanced - better than MS at the moment, but as I keep on saying with LS4 coming soon on the MS and the ability to create Giga styles the MS will soon be as good if not better - we will have to wait and see!
If anyone can help on the songbook feature -please let me know.
Regards
Mark!
Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding1:
you got the korg pa800 as well as the MS Jonesyboy ? How do the two compare next to each other in terms of styles, sounds ease of use ? If you have any giga sounds please use them in the styles on your MS and tell us if they really sound any better than the proprietory sounds in the korg as a complete mix ? Do all that you can to balance the styles and EQ them appropriately.All this should already have been done on the Korg.

I believe this is key to establishing the reality of the benefit of having an "open system" based arranger keyboard

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online