SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#2103 - 10/02/02 08:12 AM Hey whats up with Sonar 2 DXI synths-thin and thinner
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok, i admit I am a newb regarding softsynths.
But my main question is: Being a fan of fatness im sitting here with eyebrows raised wondering about the thin sounds im hearing from these things. I would of expected that nice fatness without layering ect. Can someone please give me some input on this.

Thnx

MS

#2104 - 10/02/02 11:33 AM Re: Hey whats up with Sonar 2 DXI synths-thin and thinner
tekminus Offline

Thin synths are all the rave now. Actually, they spell it phin.

-tek

#2105 - 10/02/02 11:53 AM Re: Hey whats up with Sonar 2 DXI synths-thin and thinner
Anonymous
Unregistered

rofl...phin, so I take it you agree. ya know that was one of the reasons I bought Sonar 2...

so which soft synths sound good? I realize this is subjective, but ill listen to any opinions, im looking for trance/techno genre sounds...try as I may I cant squeeze any hardware synths out of my budget right now.

thnx

ms

#2106 - 10/02/02 03:30 PM Re: Hey whats up with Sonar 2 DXI synths-thin and thinner
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
Reaktor = sex.

Some people say even Reaktor sounds thin, but if you work with it, you can get some deep bass out of it - and Reaktor is all about working with it. UNF!

#2107 - 10/02/02 03:33 PM Re: Hey whats up with Sonar 2 DXI synths-thin and thinner
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
BTW, you need some decent speakers if you're going for fat... if you're just using a pair of $20 computer speakers, everything's going to sound thin.

But I'm going to just go ahead and assume that the Sonar synths are shitty, 'cuz Cakewalk is shitty.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online