SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#210641 - 11/27/02 08:51 AM Re: review my music
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mdolmon:
Gee thanks (I guess) is sounding like Miami Vice good or bad I really never watched the show when it was on but I did like the theme song when it came out.....

Mije,
I meant it as a compliment...Jan Hammer (Mi Vice theme) did some very cool stuff IMO.
Terry

#210642 - 11/27/02 09:18 AM Re: review my music
mdolmon Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio,US
Thank you.....I've always admired his music. People have told me that my style was a bit like him and my playing a bit like Tony Banks.....Of course I'm nowhere near them but it's nice to hear that from time to time. I did get a chance to listen to a couple of your songs off of your site, I would like to discuss your use of the Chapman Stick (if that's what I saw on yur site) I've wanted to get one for a long time, I'm actually a Bass player who decided to go to keyboards sometime ago but have always wanted to experiment with one after seeing Tony Levin use one....Maybe we could continue this off of this forum if you don't mind.....
Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
Mije,
I meant it as a compliment...Jan Hammer (Mi Vice theme) did some very cool stuff IMO.
Terry

[This message has been edited by mdolmon (edited 11-27-2002).]

#210643 - 11/30/02 06:39 PM Re: review my music
trtjazz Offline

Mike,
After several more listens....I also get a Mike Oldfield (Tubular Bells) influence too.......very very cool.
jam on,
Terry

#210644 - 12/01/02 09:34 AM Re: review my music
mdolmon Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio,US
Hey thanks, I'll have some new music soon I'm mixing as we speak....
Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
Mike,
After several more listens....I also get a Mike Oldfield (Tubular Bells) influence too.......very very cool.
jam on,
Terry

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online