SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#210601 - 06/06/00 04:23 AM Re: The REAL truth about VA-7 !
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
marek,

"you can't see the wood for the trees...."
There you are, we might as well resort
to some linguistic banter, as long as the
VA 7 has not actually arrived on the scene.
This protracted discussion on the merits
of the new Roland machine is getting nowhere,
so let's call a truce, sit in the sun, and
hope for the best.
By the bye, yes I have also ordered a VA7
and surely will let you know about my
assessment.
........in due course ,that is.........

regards,

John.

[This message has been edited by john smies (edited 06-06-2000).]

#210602 - 06/06/00 04:51 PM Re: The REAL truth about VA-7 !
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn
People,

I just want to emphasize that for me as a student I need to work hard for months or years to spend money on a keyboard like the VA-7. It is my right to demand a perfect state of sound and usability. If it lacks this even at one point, you feel bad spending that money cause you want a perfect machine. Why Roland doesnt spend juts a couple of hours more asking people about small things? Like someone said: how does the user programm changing work during play?
Those small things turn into big trouble on stage. If we pay $ 3200 we can expect perfect machines and I dont mean the sound.

And finally: 3500 sounds was not to let the Roland G and EM users feel behind. It has the same sounds as them plus 1500 new ones.

So the trees just feel at home in the woods...

Ilija

#210603 - 06/06/00 05:30 PM Re: The REAL truth about VA-7 !
stelibo Offline

Loc: Skopje,F.Y.R.O.Macedonia
I have Roland G-1000 and I agree with Ilija Petkovski.Some of my friends in Macedonia whant to sale G-600.But why? Simply, missing synchro stop button.Only one button but very useful and many, many buttons
VA-7 haven't synchro stop button allso.
Sorry for english

#210604 - 06/06/00 06:08 PM Re: The REAL truth about VA-7 !
DannyJay Offline

Loc: Merritt Island, FL, USA
These posts concerning the VA-7 have been very entertaining. I felt no urge to join in however I have felt to comment about one observation.

I would supose, that in addition to obvious value of these forums (give and get info), it would seem that a primary reason to take the wait and see posture would be whether or not one might purchase this new beast.

Why then, have I notice that three or four people who have also taken the "wait and see attitude" have already ordered the keyboard.

Am I missing something? What happened to the wait and see after you play BEFORE you write the check?

#210605 - 06/06/00 11:59 PM Re: The REAL truth about VA-7 !
DannyUK Offline

Hi DannyJ,

Who has ordered one then?

As for me, I would not even buy one even IF it performs better than the X1. Ive been chopping and changing keyboards so many times in the last 2 years and with the X1 I have finally found one to settle with. With most of my previous keyboards, within 6 months of having them, the honeymoon period faded too quickly, eg, with the PSR8000, I30, WK8. I know the X1 is the right one because even after 7 months I am still blow away with how it plays and sounds sometimes.... I cant let it go !!! So no VA-7 for me i'm afraid, i will let all you budding musicians fight it out amongst yourselves !!!!!!!

DannyUK

#210606 - 06/07/00 01:09 AM Re: The REAL truth about VA-7 !
Anonymous
Unregistered

`Hi you all,
The real truth of the VA7 will not be the
same for everyone. IIilja is a student, maybe
he is a onefingerplayer, it would be nice to
see what he thinks about his VA7 after playing a month. I hope your VA7 will arrive
soon.
Have a good day!

#210607 - 06/08/00 09:45 AM Re: The REAL truth about VA-7 !
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn
People!

I dont have a VA-7 and wont buy one thats for sure. It doesnt matter how long I will play on it. It sounds great, has superb features but it cannot be used by me in Live Performance so it ends. No matter how good it sounds. It can have 8 Variations per style! Yes cool, but if you cannot click them easily it all ends.

Like I said: havent played the Solton X1 yet, so I still need to choose between X1, Korg i30 and G-1000.

Ilija

#210608 - 06/08/00 10:11 AM Re: The REAL truth about VA-7 !
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Ilija,

I have exactly the same concerns which you have stated so well in this posting. I am also concerned with the usability of an instrument on stage, and would definitely rate this as one of the three determining factors, along with the quality of sounds and styles it produces. It is sad to see that an instrument which has obviously taken Roland a lot of thought comes short on some very obvious things (which every other manufacturer provides).

However, I am reserving my judgement on the usability of VA-7 until I find out if the missing functions can be executed through MIDI. If I can, a midi pedal with 10 or so switches can be found for around $100 used. If it works, this would be a small price to pay for an instrument which excels in sounds and styles AND is easy to use on stage.

Regards,
Alex

#210609 - 06/12/00 03:20 AM Re: The REAL truth about VA-7 !
Roel Offline

Hi dear friends!

This is 'great fun' to see how people 'fight' to let other people see personal opinions ;-))

At the end I think (just like Danny) still the Solton X1 is the best for live perfomance. Every gig (party) we play I love the X1 even more because of its fantastic styles.

So, no change for me (Nee John !) ......

kind regards,

Roel

PS. Ilija please try the X1 first before you buy another one. (In Hengelo ligt ie wel)

#210610 - 11/26/05 07:03 PM Re: The REAL truth about VA-7 !
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
Okey Dokey

[This message has been edited by claudiu (edited 11-26-2005).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online