SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#210589 - 10/31/05 06:50 PM Please, more info on T2 styles
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
As a 3K owner who may spring for the T2, I'd like to hear more from you new owners about the onboard styles----that's my primary use with arranger keyboards---the creation of backing tracks. Have I missed it, or has someone already identified the total groupings of styles available, their names, etc...? The posted demos are very helpful, but I'd like to know (for example)how many styles are within each group? What are they called? Are some style families overrepresented, or others slim, or missing? Other helpful tidbits might include: What are the typical rhythm instruments used within styles? Is there a lot of similarity across styles, or is much variety in instrument use provided? Which styles are most impressive to you and which approximate a real band? Are some cheesy and less convincing? Are the intros and endings professional-sounding and effective? And the endings in particular----are they truncated and cut-off too quickly, or do they hold out smoothly like a real band might do in a live setting, and in some cases with a nice roll-off with the drum kit? I'm sure Joe Waters site will provide us with many details once the T2 gets a solid foothold. Just looking for more detailed observations before making the plunge.

#210590 - 10/31/05 07:11 PM Re: Please, more info on T2 styles
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi - check out this link: http://www.svpworld.com/tyros2styles.htm
It contains a listing of all Tyros 2 styles. There is other T2 information on this site as well as links to other T2 web spaces. I have a 3K too - couldn't resist the upgrade after hearing it and seeing they included the hard disk recording feature...

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online