SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#210573 - 06/16/03 05:24 PM Re: Tom Cavanaugh Ate Crawfish tonight!
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Yeh! Me Too! I thought Tom was 8' tall. Thanks for explaining that Don.

#210574 - 06/17/03 06:13 AM Re: Tom Cavanaugh Ate Crawfish tonight!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
We got back to Michigan late last night. We had a ball visiting Don and his wife Susan. They went above and beyond "southern hospitality". Don must have done something good to merit Susan for his wife. They are both great people. For those new to the forum I purchased Don's Ketron X1.

Don is a terrific performer and it was great listening to him. When I hear people like Don, Donny, and Uncle Dave perform I sometimes wonder why I bother. They are that good!

We ate crawdads after Don was done playing at the hotel. They are good but a lot of work for very little meat. According to my weight I SHOULD be 8 foot tall. Don was sitting down in the picture. I'm 5'7" and I think Don is about 6'6" or there abouts.

Don makes the PSR2000 sound great. I was not at home on his ax and his chair was a little too high for me but I managed to eek out a couple of numbers. There was all kinds of talent there (including Johnny Cash's half brother) and they were all friends of Don. One of Don's friends did some Wilson Picket and it too was great.

We did not have enough time with Don and Susan and I hope that they will visit us in Michigan sometime. I would like to play a round of golf with Don sometime.

We left Don and Susan and drove the truck we bought on Ebay to Memphis. We got our room and headed to Beale Street. We did some walking up and down Beale Street looking for a place to eat that had some music going on. We found a place that had the 18 piece Memphis Jazz Orchestra playing. These cats were all terrific players too. We ate and listened to a couple of sets then went back to our room and crashed.

The following day we drove back to Michigan. We had a great time. I'm going to send my pictures to Don so he can link them.

Now to meet the rest of the forum members .......

Tom

P.S. What is a B girl?

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 06-17-2003).]

Tom

#210575 - 06/17/03 08:41 AM Re: Tom Cavanaugh Ate Crawfish tonight!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tom,
I received the pictures and will ad them to the others today sometime.
Maybe one day we can take an extended trip and visit you and some of the others on the forum. Which day of the year is it warm enough to play golf in Michigan?
I did play Sunday afternoon. I guess I was so tired after two doubles in a row that I couldn't overswing, because it was one of my better rounds.
I was pretty disappointed in the crawfish. They weren't seasoned enough. After a "session" or so, you get to where you can peel them very quickly, about like peeling boiled shrimp. Anyway, you got to taste them. If you ate them regularly then you too could be 6'5"!
DonM

#210576 - 06/17/03 09:16 AM Re: Tom Cavanaugh Ate Crawfish tonight!
DonM Offline

The photos Tom took are now posted. http://www.imira.com/Album/GuestView.asp?AID=827405&BackURL=%2Falbum%2FMemberListAlbum%2Easp%3FCPIndex%3D0
Don

#210577 - 06/17/03 12:34 PM Re: Tom Cavanaugh Ate Crawfish tonight!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tom,

What is a "B" Girl? You definintely have to get out more. As for the crawdads, I wasn't very excited about them myself. However, if you ever have the opportunity to eat Maryland style steamed shrimp, the big guys that average 10 to 12 to the pound, you'll know what they're so popular. The same holds true with Maryland style steamed crabs. Donny and Dave will be more than happy to fill you in on these mouth-watering delicacies. When washed down with an ice-cold beer, it's like dying and going straight to heaven.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#210578 - 06/17/03 12:52 PM Re: Tom Cavanaugh Ate Crawfish tonight!
DonM Offline

B Girls hang out in the bar, approach the men customers, flirt with them and get them to buy drinks, at about triple price. Of course there is no alcohol in the girl's drink, so she can drink all night.
Other services are optional but usually available.
DonM

#210579 - 06/17/03 12:53 PM Re: Tom Cavanaugh Ate Crawfish tonight!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Seriously,

What is a "B" girl and what is "B" stock in a music store. I'm guessing that b stock is something that was bought and returned. Would a "B" girl be slightly used as well?

Tom

#210580 - 06/17/03 01:03 PM Re: Tom Cavanaugh Ate Crawfish tonight!
DonM Offline

I answered before you asked. Here is the next answer: 749
Now ask the question.
Don

#210581 - 06/17/03 01:05 PM Re: Tom Cavanaugh Ate Crawfish tonight!
DonM Offline

B stock is equipment that has been slightly used, either by a customer, or as a demo.
I have purchased Yamaha B stock after they sell the units used at trade shows to dealers.
DonM

#210582 - 06/17/03 05:38 PM Re: Tom Cavanaugh Ate Crawfish tonight!
Dnj Offline

don pics wont post?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online