SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#210228 - 09/11/00 05:38 PM Drum Tracks On X1 Sequencer
DannyUK Offline

After all this time with the X1, I still have not managed to get another track within the sequencer other than track 10 to play a drum kit as well. I wonder if this is actually possible?

The reason why I ask is because I have converted hundreds of my GEM WX series songs to midifiles so I can practice them directly from the X1, however, many songs from GEM contain more than 1 drum kit track (typically tracks 10 and 11 or sometimes more) but it would seem that the X1 has a fixed track for just the drum kits. This is highly annoying since when I try to select a drum kit for track 11 it totally thinks its still a sound bank.

Does anybody know how I can tell the X1's sequencer that sometimes track 11 also needs a drum kit??

DannyUK

#210229 - 09/11/00 06:02 PM Re: Drum Tracks On X1 Sequencer
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Danny, I have not tried it, but can you merge the drum/percussion track and/or channel [11] with the drum track and channel 10...Fran PS: Danny, the midi settings are a weak feature on the X1, that is one of the reasons I prefer the G1000//

#210230 - 09/11/00 06:12 PM Re: Drum Tracks On X1 Sequencer
DannyUK Offline

Fran,

Its OK, I have actually just figured it out..

This is what you do:

Play the song, then select GM PART. In the middle of the screen you see PART 01, just scroll to when it says PART 11. Then change the SOUND set to DRUMSET for channel 11 and now it will allow you to select a drum kit and Volare !!! It starts playing drums..

Interestingly enough, I have just used this method to actually store GROOVES permenantly in midi tracks... now the midi files can sound a little more interesting than normal.

DannyUK

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online