SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#210129 - 07/21/06 08:55 AM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Not going to point fingers, but it's no secret, there have been some Roland haters here trashing their products. This forum has gotten a lot better because for a while it clearly had quite a few members that were biased towards Yamaha arrangers, and they let that be known.

On the other side of the coin, there also have been some Roland fans too that trashed Yamaha. There is poo being flung on both sides of the fence

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#210130 - 07/21/06 09:07 AM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
I'm a Roland marketing department hater.
Who knows, maybe they finally woke up. Will find out soon.
Starkeeper

#210131 - 07/21/06 10:13 AM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
The problem with Roland is that there wasnt a good enough improvement in sound quality between the va7 and g70..kinda makes me wonder where all those extra megabytes went? But thats just my opinion and my personal reason for not liking it.

#210132 - 07/21/06 07:02 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
Dnj Offline

Rolandfan...can you elaborate a bit on your reply.. I want to understand your position?

#210133 - 07/21/06 10:26 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
Clavinovaguyusa Offline

Loc: Livermore, California, USA
I own a G-70. Love it....I used to play a clavinova for a Christian Praise band (small church group). A great deal has changed since 1995 when that clavinova was launched. I think my A90, G-70 and Fantom X-7 make a wonderful home rig.

#210134 - 07/21/06 10:58 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
its just weird that anyone would think that a musician would hate any make of instrument...sure they might prefer one over another but even that only aplies from product to product. If roland had got the initial product launch and distribution right from the begining there would have been more DNJ and fran conversions from the get go. They may still convert as new OS systems become available and the instrument develops the way it should have been at the launch. I think this issue has become over blown and i cant wait till DNJ or fran or whoever starts making some music with the instrument apart from neilsh who i have respect for simply for the fact that he actually posts music on the forum and not just trash talk !

Come on guys ! this used to be a great place to talk about the thing we love, music. Lately its become a minefield of accusation , retaliatio and sometimes down right rudeness. Are we men in here or what ?

#210135 - 07/21/06 11:37 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
K.Boarder Offline

Hi Scottyee,
Everybody is free to play on the keyboard he/she prefers. Not playing a Roland does not make you a Roland Hater.
Just when you are bashing a Roland you are a Hater. When you say I prefer a Yamaha, an SD , a PA or a Genesys there is nothing wrong with you.
But for some unknown reasons some members and former members really are trying to get Roland down, they are and were the Haters.
We all know them.

#210136 - 07/22/06 02:19 AM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
Wis Offline

There are no bad toparrangers more today.

#210137 - 07/22/06 11:48 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
K.Boarder Offline

You are right Wis as ever, all the toparrangers are great instruments. They are just a bit different and that makes that you have to get used to it when changing to another one.

#210138 - 08/03/06 08:49 AM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
CoCoRiCo Offline

Loc: istanbul,MR,TURKEY
Guitar is Guitar, An Electronic Keyboard is just an electronic thing..I really appreciate to Roland, Yamaha, Korg and the other sound engineering companies too. But I cannot hear any real Guitar, violin or saxophone sounds from them yet..

------------------
nobody never calls me MAD DOG!!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online