SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#210109 - 07/20/06 01:09 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hey Squeak...I can relate to the cash man.

That's why I drive an 11 year old Honda...no money for fancy cars when it's tied up in an arranger..

Hope you can get the E-60.

Ian

#210110 - 07/20/06 01:30 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Squeak: Thanks for sharing the kool Guitar demo.

Interestingly enough, on that SAME Roland demo clip link page, while at Namm 2006, I received the exact same (albeit in person) lackluster demo presentation from Michael Stegner, as the one shown in the accompanying vid clip. Viewing Michael Stegner's demo (it's the 2nd video clip), you might understand why I wasn't able to get very excited about G70.

Scott

#210111 - 07/20/06 01:45 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Squeak
Why don’t you just buy a midi lead and connect your keyboard to the computer, and an audio lead to connect your computer to the keyboard.
When this is done you can purchase the Real Guitar software program for a fraction of the price of a new arranger. (The software can be easily controlled by your keyboard)
Just a thought

Bill

#210112 - 07/20/06 02:39 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I can't understand how a guitarist like Squeak can get excited over a gadget that simply produces a poor mans imitation of a guitar. When I had my G70 my bands guitarist laughed his head off at the sounds it produced. No arranger has come close to providing us with a realistic guitar emulation yet, be it Roland or Yamaha.
Abacus is right on his posting, the VST is way ahead. Is that the same VST that you can buy for the Wersi? I heard something inside the Ikarus when I played one which was a plugin of guitars, it was very good, had some nice acoustic sounds and also strat sounds. Either VST or very good samples loaded into it.

#210113 - 07/20/06 02:50 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Craig,
It excited me becuase "I" feel it's the closet thing I've heard to date "coming from ANY keyboard" on the market.

Sure there's software that will blow the G-70's guitar mode out of the water, but as far as "internal keyboard" guitar simulation again "I" feel Roland's done the best job.

What.., are you taking a cheap shot at my guitar skills just because the Roland impresses me?

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#210114 - 07/20/06 03:06 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
squeak_D Offline

Scott,
I totally agree on Michael's G-70 video. I honestly think Roland should pull that one. I don't think he does justice to what is a great arranger.

They should also pull the 2nd video of the VP-550 by Corey Fournier (which originally was the first and only one available). The latest video done by Don Lewis makes his look like crap

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#210115 - 07/20/06 03:14 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
nielshs Offline

Craig UK;
Quote:
When I had my G70 my bands guitarist laughed his head off at the sounds it produced. No arranger has come close to providing us with a realistic guitar emulation yet, be it Roland or Yamaha.

Have you owned a G-70 yourself?????????

Regards
Niels

[This message has been edited by nielshs (edited 07-20-2006).]

#210116 - 07/20/06 03:42 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Neils,

I can confirm that Craig Eyre did indeed actually owned a G-70, discovered he didn't like it, and subsequently sold it. He currently owns a G1000 and Tyros2.

Scott

#210117 - 07/20/06 03:49 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
the strumming and plucking function on the g70 is really very cool. That was impressive but did you actaully listen to he tone of the guitar ? I still think there is a problem with the sound engine of the g70 .sorry folks

#210118 - 07/20/06 03:55 PM Re: WOW! The G-70's impressive (Disclaimer: Following is all personal opinion)
squeak_D Offline

I will say that I also notice some very slight nuances in the actual tone itself. When he was playing single note arps, it did sound like a guitar, but more a guitar where the action was either a bit too low, or what we guitarist dread (a warped neck)--which in turns causes what's called "fret buzzing". To me I hear fret buzzing in the sample. It's possible Roland added that to try and make the sound more authentic.

I've heard some samples of bass guitar that will also add fret buzz to the sound itself. Whether this was intended by Roland I really can't say.

As far as the strumming in concerned, I think Roland did a great job there

Squeak

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online