SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#210073 - 12/20/02 11:19 PM Thank Goodness ... it's OVER !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I made it through Hell week again. I was in the last set of my last job b4 the Christmas break, and I was winding down to a great ending, and the client comes up to me and says ...... "So how do we handle overtime"?
I......I almost dropped right there.
I wound up doing another hour, and crawled out to my car. Three yesterday and two today was the "cap" on the schedule. Now I'm off till Christmas eve. 3 days R&R with my three daughters at my (other) sister's house in upstate New York and then home for Christmas.
Everyyear I swear not to take so many jobs next December, and then December rolls around and I wind up doing double after double .... what a killer.
I'm off now ....whew. Over and out y'all !
we wish you a merrrrrr.....zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
nite, nite ................

#210074 - 12/21/02 08:25 AM Re: Thank Goodness ... it's OVER !
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
You have my deepest sympathy. I was just about to go out on a gig last Tuesday when I discovered a flat tire on the Pilotmobile. By the time I unpacked everything and changed the wheel I was so pooped and so late that they had to play records instead. Luckily it wasn't important and wasn't a paying gig and nobody really minded.

Bryan

#210075 - 12/21/02 08:33 AM Re: Thank Goodness ... it's OVER !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I don't really mean to sound like I'm complaining (but I know it DOES)- it's just so hard to keep the energy up after day after day of hard hitting, power vocal shows. I'm pooped, but grateful for the work.

#210076 - 12/21/02 11:07 AM Re: Thank Goodness ... it's OVER !
Dnj Offline

Dave.....I feel your pain...........

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-21-2002).]

#210077 - 12/22/02 01:08 PM Re: Thank Goodness ... it's OVER !
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Awww! you poor guys. I'm glad I don't have that many people who want to pay me to play for them. Envy! Envy! Envy! Envy! Envy! Envy! Envy! Envy!Envy! Envy! Envy! Envy!

#210078 - 12/22/02 01:25 PM Re: Thank Goodness ... it's OVER !
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Uncle Dave,
I feel for ya bud..... I spent several years using gigs as my full source of income with my blues band.. It was fun, but really wore a person out.. We had nights where we played for SOOOOOO long. Good thing all the bars and clubs we played at not only paid us but let us eat and drink on the house... Being married now with a child, I don't think I even have the energy to play out anymore.. I get more enjoyment now just playng at home...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online