SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#209931 - 10/05/00 07:02 AM writing songs on an arranger keyboard????
graham Offline

Loc: england
whats the best keybourd for writing songs with chart potential, sampling would be nice. not impressed with i30 sounded dated?psr9000 and va7 some good sounds and stlyles but not sure????

please help

graham

#209932 - 10/05/00 10:54 PM Re: writing songs on an arranger keyboard????
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I just sold a VA7 yesterday to a player who really needed to record songs from scratch and to take tune 1000 midi files and customize their volumes and sounds. I have to tell you, the VA7 does it all and so easily. What I really liked is being able to call up a song just like you are going to play it and hit 16 track sequencer, and in an instant, there's your song and your ready to edit anything you want. The touch screen makes it really easy to work with and as far as the sounds go, I agree with Uncle Dave. I've recorded on the X1, and I don't like it for this purpose, and I really don't like recording on the PSR9000 or the G1000. So, as far as I can see, the VA7 or VA5 have the nicest interface to do your own recording on. And, having 128 notes of polyphony sure helps!
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#209933 - 10/06/00 07:34 AM Re: writing songs on an arranger keyboard????
graham Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
I just used the VA7 to make a CD for a friend and the sound is stellar! Clean as a whistle and true to form. It also has two sequencers on board - a simple two track one, and a full blown 16 track one - makes the choices easy.

#209934 - 10/06/00 07:37 AM Re: writing songs on an arranger keyboard????
graham Offline

can i use samples in the va7 ie loops and run with a style.??? are there loads of free contempary styles available on the net.do these have the fills and variations

thanks graham

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online