SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#209894 - 07/02/06 11:44 PM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
What program did you use to create the file, as I cannot find a player that will open it?
The second link just takes you to yousendit.com to upload your own files.

#209895 - 07/03/06 12:23 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
Magica Alfa Offline

I'm using DIV X codec. Now is available 6.2. http://www.divx.com/
Best regards

#209896 - 07/03/06 01:32 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
Magica Alfa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
LIONSTRACAS MEDIASTATION X76 is working in ARRANGER MODE also with VST.

I try that with HYPERCANVES and it is working perfectly.
I can control all sounds, faders, sys ex, pan, eq, reverb, delay . . .
I change between styles and here is no waiting time because of good connection between MS and HYPERCANVES.

Sounds are changing automatically.

Please, would you be so kind and download from

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B21112D672EE303B
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E82F710B34A56ABA

That is also possible with NI KONTAKT 2 and all other VST’s who are working as sound modules.

Best regards.

Zmago

#209897 - 07/03/06 01:33 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
I make the new video under Wmv format, with the MS arranger and VST Hypercanvas Roland.
The system is working, but I have to remap the sounds styles under Hypercanvas, because right now are setup with the new GM/GS sounds of the mediastation.

Here the video: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/video/2006/vstcanvas.wmv

#209898 - 07/03/06 07:16 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
I have a question for the owners of some of the other top of the line arrangers.

This may be a bit off topic from where this thread began but since we are carefully checking the loading time for the premium vst's and very large giga sounds,I would like to know how long the loading time is on these other brands.

Not for the GM sounds or ones that are loaded in rom, but extra sounds how long to load? and how large are the files?

Specifically the Korg PA1x Pro with the pinoe expansion board how big is the file and how long to load?

I think the Tyros2 also has the ability to load sample files.I do not know if maybe the GEM Genesys, Roland G70 or others have this ability. I know that most of the older keyboards I have had did not have this ability. My GEM sk880 did but only very small files maybe 16 mb I am not sure and for that I had to install the sample memory as an option.

Thanks in advance for you responses, I really enjoy the exchange of information on this forum!

#209899 - 07/03/06 08:20 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
Magica Alfa Offline

I'm having KORG TRITON STUDIO and this keyboard is having time for loading of 96 MB of samples in 1 minute and 40 second. Here are all presets and KPM. (Mapping of samples)

Keyboard is working good and fine. I need to set loop of samples in new position, but ordinary is working well.

I had at home also PA1 X and am working on same platform.

I'm very interesting how long is loading samples OASYS or Tyros 2. Thanks for replays.

#209900 - 07/03/06 09:02 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
abacus Offline

Thanks Magica Alfa
I have just updated my DivX codec and it now works fine.

Bill

#209901 - 07/04/06 08:02 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Domenik, (sorry for the late response, I managed to see the video files just yesterday).
Congratulations,
with some videos about 15-20 minutes long, you showed a good portion of what the MS can do, satisfied the curiosity of Synthzone members and drew constructive comments and suggestions.

I would like to throw in some suggestions, please bear with me:

If you have the time, (I know it is not a luxury, since you run a company) next time pass the sound of the MS straight to the camera, since I noticed that one midifile you played as an example was the same one that you posted for the GM comparison (DANIELMIDI or something), and through the camera on-board microphone the sound was totally different and WAY BELOW the standards of what the MS is capable of.

I also think that your voice was a little low in volume, maybe doing this thing (the actions, pressing buttons, playing notes) on your own and THEN overdubbing your voice at a later time will give you the freedom to express yourself better, as you will have the time to rehearse and even record your voice sentence by sentence. Your accent, although very noticeable, did not actually deter me from understanding what was going on, and the overall "package" was much more to the point and A LOT more comprehensible than your written posts (which by the way have, improved over time, and take my word for that since English is not my mother tongue, I was just taught and my accent leaves a lot to be desired).

I believe I saw an enthusiasm in your voice, a sign that you really like this product and you believe that it is what you say it is. I liked that, since it will help you deliver the message in a powerful way, if you need to do a presentation in front of a crow of potential customers/investors, such as in a show.

I also believe that the camera was hand-held, if so, next time get a cheap tripod, it will save you the slight screen movements when zooming.

Thanks for reading,
Theodore

#209902 - 07/10/06 02:06 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
regwebb Offline

Loc: Colchester Essex UK
Hi all

I'm a totally blind musician from the UK, and I was very impressed by the sounds, and concepts behind the sounds, of the video which started this thread. Because I can't see the video (obviously), I am not clear how much can be accessed without the touch screen. Touch screens are a major non-starter for blind people (equally obviously), but if there's enough hardware access built in, or if, since it's a computer-based system, it could be run with a control surface, that would be one solution. alternatively, screen reading software exists, although I think it's currently quite rudimentary under Linux.

When I raised the question of a Windows-based approach, because of the screen reading software issue, someone pointed me at the Wersi Abacus review by Robert New. From this thread, it's clear that there's no relationship between the Abacus and the Media Station. However, I could ask the same questions ofWersi if I knew the correct email address, or if there's a Wersi person lurking on this forum.

I have to say here, with apologies to the moderator, that my primary interest is not as an arranger-keyboard player, impressive as the styles were on the Media Station. It was the flexibility and upgradability of the Media Station, and maybe the Abacus, which impressed me, plus the quality, even via the camera mike, of the audio engine. I'd like to hear a higher quality recording of those independent tempo stretching and pitch shifting functions - very impressive if that recording wasn't masking any nasty artefacts.

Where did the organ sounds in the organ section of the Media Station come from? That electronic Leslie was pretty convincing I thought.

This would be mainly for studio use, but a system of that sort, if it could be made accessible via screen reading software, which already exists, or control surfaces, which already exist, would be fantastic for me. Thanks for your time; I welcome all constructive input.

------------------
Reg
Skype name regwebb

#209903 - 07/10/06 03:26 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
abacus Offline

Hello Reg
Regarding Wersi OAS instruments, I regret to inform you that screen readers do not work as it is a totally separate program, which for stability uses as little as possible of the Windows XP operating system.
The screen size and the buttons on the screen are of quite a large size, and possibly cardboard templates could be made.
Every function can be stored in a preset, so if you had assistance setting the instrument up, it could be operated in that manner. (You can select voices and styles without the touch screen, but is does limit the amount you have direct access to)
The number of presets available is unlimited; however by default it is set at 2500, but can be altered. (Professionals tend to have it set at about 8000)
The UK contact is Harmony Music of Boston. http://www.harmony-music.co.uk/index.htm
01205 355366
Hope this helps

Bill

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online