SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#209854 - 06/30/06 03:59 AM Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Domenik has told me in the past that he has been reluctant to post videos because he feels his English is not adequate. I can certainly understand his concerns especially in light of the scrutiny that one can receive on a forum where everything is generally spoken in English. I for one have no problem with reading all the posts from our members who do not share English as their primary language. Though some may use it with different degrees of proficiency I am still almost always able to understand what they are trying to communicate and isn’t that what matters?

I have encouraged Domenik to post whatever video or other info that might help people to better understand his product and I very respectfully ask all here that in the spirit of open communication between musicians who share a common bond, “our beloved arranger keyboard”, to refrain from derogatory comments of a personal nature. Instead let’s concentrate on what really matters to each of us. Is this product for me? What are its features and how can they help me better express myself through music?

When a product comes along that make you enjoy music more and begin to rediscover why you got into music in the first place, the joy of playing, then you have found something special. That’s how I feel about the Mediastation and I hope that more people who are knowledgeable in arrangers will soon join me so that together we could explore what can be accomplished on this unique instrument. Ok I am going to stop now because I’m starting to sound like a Hallmark card. LOL.

There will probably never be as many Mediastations in use as there are Yamahas but that’s ok, this isn’t a competition, not for me anyway. No one tool has ever satisfied everyone and isn’t “variety” the “spice of life”?

OK Domenik where is that video?

Richard

#209855 - 06/30/06 04:25 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Ok, here is the promised video, I just made some minute ago.
P.S.: with this video I will only shown you that the MS is STABLE, easy to turn ON, simple interface and ready to play your stuff, like one normally embedded keyboards.
here the link: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/video/2006/msbooting.wmv

Please, I dont need comment about how i play and the audio quality, because is recorded by MIC digital camera. I just want shown you how is easy to use the MS.
IF you enjoy this type of INFO video, then i contine records more about editing styles, connecting new VST by Jack, loading gig sounds in the MS keys, Video player...

Ok, added for you one example how I connect some VST instruments and the Kontakt2: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/video/2006/kontakt2.wmv

Ok, for today we need some realx too, to much for one day... http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/video/2006/video.wmv

here the video vith the VST roland Hypercanvas http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/video/2006/vstcanvas.wmv

Domenik

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 07-03-2006).]

#209856 - 06/30/06 06:29 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
Domenik
I build computers using AMD cpus. I know AMD runs hot. How is the cpu cooled? It normaly takes two case fans plus a cpu fan. All those fans make a lot of noise. Is the cpu fan and heatsink easy to clean?
So far I like what I see. Keep the info comming.
Smokey

#209857 - 06/30/06 06:33 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
keybG Offline

Thank you Dom for the video, it was pretty much rapresentative. IMO, THIS is the way that everyone here can understand about mediastation. The only thing that i noticed was the small latency between the changing of the sounds from GM to B4, GIGA sounds and synth, but probably this is a common issue on open systems (need time to load).

I wouldn't like to add something else beacuse i'm not an expert.

Keep up the good work and i thing the mediastation is in the right way. IMHO a grate sounding keyb ready for work...

regards
KeybG

#209858 - 06/30/06 06:46 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I WANT ONE! Hmmmmm two equations here:

Mediastation + my studio = "Keyboard Heaven"

Mediastation + my studio + my wife = sleeping with the fishes..

Tough one there.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-30-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#209859 - 06/30/06 07:05 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thank you, Dom, for your video. It is pretty impressive. At least, it appears that you and the forum are now on positive ground. I sure hope it stays that way.

Hopefully, we can see more as time goes by, such as demonstrations of solo instruments in addition to the pianos,synth, and B4.

Bernie

#209860 - 06/30/06 07:05 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
For me personally, that was probably the best, most informative, and high quality audio of the MS I have ever seen. I can actually say that I can see myself owning this instrument. Wow..I had no idea how far along you have come with the MS. I love the fact you can switch between VST's, GM/GS so quickly. The sound was amazing, especially on the drums.

Well done Domenick.. Now we can talk about price!!!!

Regards,
Al

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#209861 - 06/30/06 07:08 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
kbrkr Offline

One more thing...I was very impressed with the layout of the control surfaces and how they interfaced with the software. The B4 and Giga sounded amazing and to be able to control them with both the Touch screen and the sliders is awesome.

Absolutley Fantastic!

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums

#209862 - 06/30/06 07:09 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I really think Dom's Mediastation is going to do well. These open source workstations (in my opinion) are going hit hard.

Just the whole concept is awsome. Not only internal sounds, but the ability to add programs, VST's ect. All that horsepower with arranger functions too. It truly is the "Hybrid".

Now we just need those who an afford one to take her home--tweek her, then the true test--"gigging with it".

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#209863 - 06/30/06 07:09 AM Re: Lionstracs Video of System booting and VST's
kbrkr Offline

Ok...one more thing. I thought your English was perfect too!

Very well done Dom!

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online