SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#209846 - 03/15/05 11:04 AM Tomorrow I'm a band member again! :)
YamahaAndy Offline

In my life I've been playing in a lot of bands, as a keyboardist, guitarist and singer. I haven't been in a band for about a year now so it feels great to be able to join a band now again. I will play keyboards, guitar and background vocals. This time around I really believe in the band setup. I've spoken with two of the band members before and I thought we were the same kind of persons which I think is very important in a band. I also think the balance in skill is there which is another important thing. My brother who plays the drums is really talented, he bought a second drum pedal recently so now we can do even a little heavier stuff if we want to. The bassist is really great, very tight and talented.

It's my second band I'm using the Tyros in. In the first band I was playing so much guitar (since I was the main guitarist) that I hadn't enough time rocking with the Tyros. This time I will have it MIDI connected with the Roland A90EX 88-keys MIDI controller keyboard and also have it connected with the subwoofer and my Huges & Kettner Rotosphere pedal!

I wonder what they'll think about the songs I want to play... I would like to play the mafia movie soundtracks of the 80's a la Robert De Niro/Michael Mann movie soundtracks and also with influences such as Van Morrison and from there all the way up to Bruce Springsteen. I would also like to play som country songs. I will play with my Fender Richie Sambora USA strat and I'll buy a pack of new Elixir strings tomorrow. BTW, I read that Elixir makes the best strings in the world right now and from own experiences I think they are the best I've ever tried!

Well, I hope you guys (that are not in a band) also find a band to play in! If you haven't done it I recommend it because it is a lot of fun! I have to run now, I'll meet a girl in town in half an hour so I'm in a hurry...!

Best regards,
YamahaAndy

[This message has been edited by YamahaAndy (edited 03-15-2005).]

#209847 - 03/15/05 11:56 AM Re: Tomorrow I'm a band member again! :)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
"meet a girl" is that a band thing too?

#209848 - 03/15/05 12:25 PM Re: Tomorrow I'm a band member again! :)
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
In a band AND time for girls - lucky ******!

#209849 - 03/15/05 01:19 PM Re: Tomorrow I'm a band member again! :)
YamahaAndy Offline

Hehe, yeah I know, a band and a girl at the same time is not possible...! You have to make a choice, several times...! But hey, those black, grey and white babies in the studio really need your attention the most, don't forget that! Be there for them!! Show them that you care!!

#209850 - 03/16/05 07:35 AM Re: Tomorrow I'm a band member again! :)
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
I have never heard about grey babes before, I know about black and white only. Can someone enlighten me??
[img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

#209851 - 03/16/05 08:07 AM Re: Tomorrow I'm a band member again! :)
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
I have never heard about grey babes before, I know about black and white only. Can someone enlighten me??
[img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

I guess what Andy meant to say is the same as we say in Germany:
"In der Nacht sind alle Katzen grau!"

that means:
"All cats are gray in the night!"

I don't know if this gives you any sense, but this is only one posibility... [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img]

EDIT: Hey, Andy! Good luck for your new band and have a great time! Tell us more if you have any news from the road for us!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 03-16-2005).]

#209852 - 03/16/05 11:38 PM Re: Tomorrow I'm a band member again! :)
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Ok, Sheriff, I got the idea and I am offering the Greek Equivalent:
"With the light turned off, every woman is the same"
Theodore

#209853 - 03/17/05 12:45 AM Re: Tomorrow I'm a band member again! :)
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
reality break - those mixer knobs are all different colours. Nice line.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online