SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#209704 - 10/06/05 09:09 AM Tyros2 Multipads & Wav File Playback
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
One limitation with vocal harmonizers is that they're primarily intended for producing backup 'harmonies' and not exposed SOLO vocal lines. Because of this, they're not ideally suited for 'call & response' style songs.

Realizing that Tyros2 supports WAV file playback, wondering if WAV clip playback can be triggered via the MULTI-PAD Buttons (1-4).

It would be really cool to be able to do a a 'call and response' kinda thing, where you sing a phrase, and then be able to trigger, via a MULTI-PAD Button (1-4), perhaps a female vocal response (WAV recorded clip playback), to echo what you just sang a 1/2 or full measure earlier, perhaps with a slight melodic variation.

Anyone know if this is possible to achieve with the Tyros2? Thanks. - Scott

#209705 - 10/06/05 09:14 AM Re: Tyros2 Multipads & Wav File Playback
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Scotts,
if this was possible, then it would be possible also to sync a wav. loop with a style, and trigger it from a multipad button. But you told me that the Tyros 2 cannot do this, so...

#209706 - 10/06/05 09:32 AM Re: Tyros2 Multipads & Wav File Playback
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Andrea, though I've been advised that on Tyros2, syncing WAV file playback to a STYLE isn't possible, I believe triggering a WAV file to simply playback (triggering MultiPad buttons 1-4)) a differnt matter, as auto-syncing would not necessarily be required, just 'good timing' & quick coordination on our part, to press the correct multipad button (or optional footswitch ) to commence WAV playback at just the right moment.

Scott

#209707 - 10/06/05 11:18 AM Re: Tyros2 Multipads & Wav File Playback
Dreamer Offline

(keeps his fingers crossed...)

#209708 - 10/06/05 11:59 AM Re: Tyros2 Multipads & Wav File Playback
Dnj Offline

WAV,SFX,SMF,MP3,& lyrics can all be played or triggered on the fly simultaneously with the Ketron Midjay while your playing styles on the KB

Ok, my Umbrella is open

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-06-2005).]

#209709 - 10/06/05 12:15 PM Re: Tyros2 Multipads & Wav File Playback
MikeUK Offline

Loc: UK
Scott Yee wrote:
Realizing that Tyros2 supports WAV file playback, wondering if WAV clip playback can be triggered via the MULTI-PAD Buttons (1-4).

Hi Scott,

If my understanding of the Tyros sampler is correct (and it might not be!), I think you would need to create a custom voice first to achieve this. So the process would be:

1. Record your vocal as a WAV file.
2. Import your WAV file and create a custom voice for it.
3. Record your custom voice to a multipad (as you would any "normal" Tyros voice)
4. Trigger the pad.

I have just ordered my Tyros2 here in the UK and should receive it within 2 weeks when I should be able to try all this stuff out.

I spent a couple of hours at my local dealer playing the Tyros2 and can confirm that it is a great keyboard!

#209710 - 10/06/05 12:24 PM Re: Tyros2 Multipads & Wav File Playback
Dreamer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
WAV,SFX,SMF,MP3,& lyrics can all be played or triggered on the fly simultaneously with the Ketron Midjay while your playing styles on the KB

Ok, my Umbrella is open

Donny,
you can close your umbrella ; unfortunately, the Midjay can only play .wav files together with midifiles (and you need to program a note within the midifile to trigger the .wav). When you play a style, you are limited to the "grooves" Ketron has already programmed as a second drum track (same as the SD1).
Sigh...

#209711 - 10/06/05 07:31 PM Re: Tyros2 Multipads & Wav File Playback
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Dreamer , not quite true, at least with the current OS.
Donny is refering to multitasking..All the medias can run at the same time..MP3, Wav, Seq and styles...
You can trigger short wav s while a sequence is playing or even an MP3 or a style..For an example you can have a vocal phrase or any recorded sound that is saved as a wav..
A style can be played with an MP3 or wave, but it is not synced...you have to tap tempo or match the tempo read out..

#209712 - 10/06/05 09:43 PM Re: Tyros2 Multipads & Wav File Playback
Dnj Offline

Fran Thanx for the clarification...its the symultanious multi tasking the Midjay gives the player that really makes it shine.

#209713 - 10/06/05 10:10 PM Re: Tyros2 Multipads & Wav File Playback
Dreamer Offline

I don't know... I wish this was 100% true, because I think that playing a style together with a wav or mp3 file is the best way to make it sound really authentic, but I don't trust much Ketron from this point of view. They have great ideas, but implement them poorly; just to make an example, right now SD1 owners from U.S. are sending their units to AJ to install a (much needed) expansion kit. Why Ketron didn't think of that in the first place? It's like they always leave things unfinished.

#209714 - 10/07/05 05:52 AM Re: Tyros2 Multipads & Wav File Playback
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
One limitation with vocal harmonizers is that they're primarily intended for producing backup 'harmonies' and not exposed SOLO vocal lines. Because of this, they're not ideally suited for 'call & response' style songs.

It would be really cool to be able to do a a 'call and response' kinda thing, where you sing a phrase, and then be able to trigger, via a MULTI-PAD Button (1-4), perhaps a female vocal response (WAV recorded clip playback), to echo what you just sang a 1/2 or full measure earlier, perhaps with a slight melodic variation.

Anyone know if this is possible to achieve with the Tyros2? Thanks. - Scott

no.

#209715 - 10/07/05 06:54 AM Re: Tyros2 Multipads & Wav File Playback
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Now, there's a short and to the point answer!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online