SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#209581 - 12/04/03 09:44 AM Re: Auditioning for another gig tomorrow...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I agree with Scott, on using the Piano, but I think sitting is fine.

I had suggested a standing performance position when playing the arranger exclusively, with it placed on TOP of the piano, as it would be quite awkward to access it while seated. Gary, if you do land that piano bar venue, I recommend that you at least play a 'couple' of songs on their acoustic piano. It doesn't even have to be a complicated piece. but perhaps one in which you accompany yourself while singing, say on an intimate romantic ballad. The ladies really love this sort of thing. Just a thought. - Scott

#209582 - 12/04/03 10:23 AM Re: Auditioning for another gig tomorrow...
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
...And thanks to Mike for making me really look good in that cut & past job behind the piano.

You're welcome, glad you liked it.

To tell the truth, I was looking for your shots of you in a backyard with your keyboard. I thought there was a good one with you behind your keyboard. I would have tried to snip that and place it on top of the acoustic piano.

Anyway, I hope all is going well with the audition.

mike

#209583 - 12/04/03 10:57 AM Re: Auditioning for another gig tomorrow...
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia

Since we're talking about acoustic piano gigs, this is a picture from my piano gig at a private dining club in Savannah, Georgia. The little laptop on the upper left side of the piano has the Yamaha XG softsynth on it for SMF playback, and not seen is the JBL EON10 G2 that I place down on the left side of the piano.

Good luck with your gig Gary - that looks like a very nice piano setup (with the exception of the speaker on the wall - I'm not a fan of PeeVee). Looks like they provide a little vocal monitor on a mic stand behind the piano too.

#209584 - 12/04/03 03:32 PM Re: Auditioning for another gig tomorrow...
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
congrats gary,i,m sure all went well,mike

#209585 - 12/04/03 03:57 PM Re: Auditioning for another gig tomorrow...
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Good Luck Gary!!

Anyway you could have your keyboard on top of the piano's keys??..........with the lid down of course and your keyboard stand at the correct height?? That way you could sit down and look like you are playing a grand!!

#209586 - 12/04/03 05:58 PM Re: Auditioning for another gig tomorrow...
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The audition went well, pretty tight quarters though, and the restaurant's owner said he loved the music, his staff enjoyed it, and his wife, who was listening on the phone liked it. The next step is this Saturday evening from 8 till midnight. He said if the crowd likes me, and he sincerely believes they will, then I'm in for every Sunday and Monday night from 6 till 10.

I decided to have lunch before I played, which was interesting. When the waiter brought the menu, there were no prices. It's one of those kind of places where if you want to know the price, you can't afford to eat there. Oh, almost forgot. The owner said a free meal and whatever I want from the bar was part of the deal as well. Sure hope the crowd likes me on Saturday night, and I also hope I don't get snowed out. The weather prognosticators are calling for about 4 to 7 inches of snow, depending on where the cold front comes through--not good.

Thanks again guys and gals,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#209587 - 12/05/03 05:56 AM Re: Auditioning for another gig tomorrow...
Dnj Offline

Nice Going Gary...

I knew you could do it!!
In a few weeks that lounge area will known as .... "The Diamond Room"

Bring on the Antipasti !!!!

Ciao

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#209588 - 12/05/03 07:52 AM Re: Auditioning for another gig tomorrow...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Man, oh man ..... I can just imagine all the "fish tales" that will be told at the bar !

#209589 - 12/05/03 08:34 AM Re: Auditioning for another gig tomorrow...
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Sunday/Monday Drink Special:
Gary's Kickapoo Joy Juice.

#209590 - 12/05/03 09:13 AM Re: Auditioning for another gig tomorrow...
Dnj Offline

Hey Gary...No Room there for the Arranger?
Just put a Silver Sparkle Cover on top of the Piano and Setup right on top of it!!!!!

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online