SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#209443 - 08/01/02 08:40 AM New PSR2000 buyers, don't be deceived.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've noticed that after all this time, many of the PSR2000 advertisements still state that the OS is in Flash Rom. We know that this simply isn't true.
It is a great keyboard for the money, but upgrading really isn't an option.
Musician's Friend has it in their catalog and on their website this way, as does Sweetwater Sound, and I'm sure it is that way in other places.
Just another reason to patronize "our own" dealers, such as George Kaye and DanO. They will not misrepresent anything and will be there to help after the sale.
DonM

#209444 - 08/01/02 08:50 AM Re: New PSR2000 buyers, don't be deceived.
Bob Gelman Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Dear Don,

Thanks for pointing this out! I suppose there will be some poor "schnook" out there who will still be "deceived" by this false advertising. BUT, there sure are a lot of folks who ARE tuned in to this forum and the PSR Groups. They will know better.

Yamaha isn't doing this advertising; as you note it is the RETAILERS you mention who have put out these, now, false facts. There isn't much they can do if their catalogue is already printed with the misrepresentation, but there really is no excuse not to change information like this that is included in a web page.... Bob

#209445 - 08/01/02 08:54 AM Re: New PSR2000 buyers, don't be deceived.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bob,
I actually sent email to both Sweetwater and M. Friend. So far, no reply. But then, I didn't expect one. I've never bought anything from either of them anyway.
Don

#209446 - 08/01/02 09:51 AM Re: New PSR2000 buyers, don't be deceived.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Don,
I doubt you'll hear anything from musiciansfriend or sweetwater. They know the information is false, but they still continue to print it. I don't understand why either.. They all have 35-45 day return policies and buyers will most likely figure out the keyboard is not upgradable and possibly return it.. Those are huge companies and their main concern is money.. Most really don't care too much about customer satisfaction, even though they claim to... That's why it's good to see there are people like George Kaye and Dan0 out there. A friend of mine the other day was telling me that companies like musiciansfriend will take keyboards that have been returned within the 45 day period and resell them as "brand new" and "open box" The companies have the means to get new manuals sealed in plastic. They just add these to the boxes and say it's just open or the box was damaged a little.. They won't tell you it was already played for several weeks in someone's home.. The only time they will list it this way is if the person put a small scratch on it, then it goes under "scratch and dent". There's a lot of corners these companies cut, and many are pretty dishonest with the condition of the products....

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online