SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#209280 - 05/03/05 07:05 AM Tyros Mixing Console
torecagli Offline

Loc: Istanbul, TURKEY
Hi all
I've Yamaha Tyros.For exemple i made a song and saved it.Then i made some volume, panpot or effect etc. changes in the mixing console.How can i save the song with these new settings?
And secondly, how can i apply the settings to a saved song in real time?I think it's called ''automation''.You can see what i mean on Tyros emo/Mixing Console/Song Automation.
Thanks very much(sorry for my poor English)
Tore

#209281 - 05/03/05 07:44 AM Re: Tyros Mixing Console
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
After you've made your changes in the mixing console area, you still have to enter the digital recording page, go to current song and tab up to the page where you can select the save function. Now when you save, you are saving your changes.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda,Ca
(Retired 2021)

#209282 - 05/03/05 07:54 AM Re: Tyros Mixing Console
torecagli Offline

Loc: Istanbul, TURKEY
Thanks George, but i'm still curious about my second question.

#209283 - 05/03/05 11:39 AM Re: Tyros Mixing Console
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Sorry,
I'm not stocking the Tyros right now (waiting news of the Tyros II) so I can't find out about your second question. I am sure Scott Yee or someone else can answer this one for you.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#209284 - 05/03/05 02:14 PM Re: Tyros Mixing Console
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by torecagli:
how can i apply the settings to a saved song in real time?I think it's called ''automation''.You can see what i mean on Tyros emo/Mixing Console/Song Automation.

Hi Tore, your question is an EXCELLENT one.

I too viewed the onboard Tyros demo you're referring to of which purports that the Tyrs includes this feature, and am as baffled as you about 'how to' to get the REAL TIME recording of the MIXER CONSOLE's knob & fader setting moves to work.

I looked both (in the Tyros' LCD screen menus) as well as in the Tyros Owners manual and couldn't find anything on this. Did I perhaps overlook something, or has
Yamaha not actually delivered on this feature. Thanks for input & help. - Scott

Again, here are step by step instructions on how to access the aforementioned demo:

DEMO> Menu (press upper section of 8 button) > Mixing Console (F button) > What Is Automation (press lower section of 3 button) of which first 1) STATES:

"The faders and knobs of the mixing console control many different parameters like volume, panning, effects settings, EQ, and others. These settings are not static, but may also change dynamically within a piece of music. Like a pro digital mixer, any movement of the knobs & faders can be recorded within a song. When the song is played back, then also all the different settings & movements within the song are recalled."

and then 2) DEMONSTRATES (via video clip) after you press the 'lower section of the 1 button'.

#209285 - 05/03/05 06:25 PM Re: Tyros Mixing Console
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi Tore, your question is an EXCELLENT one.

"The faders and knobs of the mixing console control many different parameters like volume, panning, effects settings, EQ, and others. These settings are not static, but may also change dynamically within a piece of music. Like a pro digital mixer, any movement of the knobs & faders can be recorded within a song. When the song is played back, then also all the different settings & movements within the song are recalled."

Yes, the parameters can be changed in realtime and you can experience this feat by loading a midi file that contains these changes encoded into the midi file by going into the Mixing Console 1-8, 9-16 midi tracks and observing them while the midi file plays.

Update!

The Tyros can indeed utilize realtime slider changes such as Volume, Pan Pot, etc. on a song made on the Tyros itself and the changes can be saved and are implemented when the song is played back. The trick is to make the changes when the song is being sequenced while you are playing along on the keys. After a song has already been sequenced and has been saved I don't think it's possible to then edit the song to include realtime slider changes, etc. I will investigate further to see if this is possible when I have a chance.

I knew that using an external sequencer such as Cubase, Sonar, etc. that you can do this to a midi file and when played back on the Tyros that the Tyros recognizes and implements the changes in real time, i.e. as the song is played back.

Sorry for the mis-information when I posted my original reply. I didn't have access to my Tyros at the time and I spoke to soon.

So "automation" is the ability to implement realtime slider changes, etc. in a song but of course only after the changes have been entered manually by the user while the song is being sequenced and then afterwards saved??? At least that is my understanding of it.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-04-2005).]

#209286 - 05/04/05 07:56 AM Re: Tyros Mixing Console
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Bump..

Please read my edited post above.

Upon further investigation to see if after a song has already been sequenced on the Tyros and then saved if it can then be edited to include realtime slider changes, i.e. Pan Pot (a knob actually ), Volume, EQ, etc. into the song I personally don't see a way to do it. Maybe I'm missing something but I went through the Digital Recording menus and didn't find a way to do it.

So apparently the only way to save such settings is when actually recording a song in realtime on the Tyros and then saving the song. But not after a song has already been saved apparently.

Best regards,
Mike

#209287 - 05/04/05 10:47 AM Re: Tyros Mixing Console
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
My understanding of how sequencers work is that, to record data like volume or panpot changes, you must either enter these data in real time, while you are actually recording the song, or later, in step edit mode.
I have never tried this on the Tyros, because i don't do a lot of sequencing, but my guess is that it works the same way.
A.

#209288 - 05/05/05 03:29 PM Re: Tyros Mixing Console
YamahaAndy Offline

The tyros has an execute setup functionality in the second page that let's you save the settings you set in the mixing console if it settings you do after you have recorded the song, if you reset the song without executing the setup you lose the settings you made. If you want to change the levels in real time you need to record them and then execute the setup, or you should be ale to do it in the evvent edit.

BTW, the song editor in the Yamaha Tyros really sucks. Try something like a Korg Trinity (or a computer) and you will notice this.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online