SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#209208 - 10/21/05 12:08 PM Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Just brought it home; tried it in the shop and liked it. Many new sounds, many new multipads and new styles, some of them really cool.
Will post my impressions tomorrow, as soon as I have time to try it more in depth.

#209209 - 10/21/05 12:26 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
ccdmax Offline

Loc: South Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Just brought it home; tried it in the shop and liked it. Many new sounds, many new multipads and new styles, some of them really cool.
Will post my impressions tomorrow, as soon as I have time to try it more in depth.

I hope mine will be delivered next week.
Congrats and enjoy your new toy...

now I'm jelous

cheers

------------------
Yamaha PSR9000, PSR730, Korg Karma, X5D, Yamaha Tyros2 and Korg PA1X Pro on it's way smile

#209210 - 10/21/05 12:29 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Oi Andrea.

Congratulations!!! Parabéns!!!

I´m waiting anxious your impressions.

Um grande abraço.
Armando

#209211 - 10/21/05 12:38 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Andrea, congratulations. Great to hear that you've finally got your Tyros2 home. I knew from our Skype telephone conversations that you were getting it soon, and supose you won the bet that yours would arrive b4 mine. Can't wait to hear songs from you created on it. With the newly added 'audio recording' feature, perhaps you can treat us to vocals too.

Please give your T2 review impression ASAP, so I'll have a chance to cancel my T2 order if needed. Just kidding. - Scott :

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-21-2005).]

#209212 - 10/21/05 12:44 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dnj Offline

Andrea......
Congrats Paisan!! enjoy your new aquisition use it well & make beautifull music!!

Ciao

#209213 - 10/21/05 02:02 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Roel Offline

Andrea,

Congrats! .... next week I hope to get mine

Roel

#209214 - 10/21/05 04:03 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Congratulations Andrea, can't wait to hear your impressions of it as well as you playing "O Barquinho" Best wishes.

#209215 - 10/21/05 04:08 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Congrats Andrea !!!
hope you have many good hours with the tyros 2. A great machine !!!

regards,

dirk

------------------

#209216 - 10/21/05 07:56 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
Andrea

Good luck with it my friend. I hope to hear even a little snippet of you playing the T2. Your comment will also be of interest to many. I guess you won't be posting for awhile huh.

#209217 - 10/21/05 08:47 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Andrea,

congratulations on you new T2.
I'm looking foreward to your report und some good music from you.

Ciao Amigo

Eric

[This message has been edited by Eric, B (edited 10-21-2005).]

#209218 - 10/22/05 04:53 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Friends,
many thanks for your words; I have played with the Tyros 2 briefly yesterday evening (till well past midnight), and this morning; right now I am busy transferring my old registrations and styles from T1 to T2, via hard disk. To stay safe I have saved to the HD also the internal styles of T1, because some of them have been tweaked on T2 or have changed names, so I did this this just in case I liked the old styles more.

Here are my preliminary impressions: Tyros 2 is an improved Tyros 1, without its defects or bugs.
The internal sounds have been MUCH improved and some of them are even outstanding; just to name one category, the guitars are all amazing and I cannot get tired of playing the SA Concert Guitar or the SA Nylon Guitar: very simply the most realistic acoustic guitar I have ever played on every arranger, synth or sampler.
Speaking of other sounds, the Saxophones and the Brass too have been greatly improved, but it takes some time to accustom oneself to the subtleties of the Super Articulation, and maybe a breath controller would help too. All the sounds have been, more or less, improved, and there is a dedicated pop-up menu to explain how you can obtain the different sound effects with different playing techniques (aftertouch, legato vs. staccato playing, etc)
Another category which has been greatly improved are the Strings; here again, I have never played Strings so realistic on another arranger or synth and maybe only the Roland SRX 06 expansion card (Complete Orchestra) can come close in terms of choice or sound quality.
I am sure that I will discover many more features as I explore all the other sound categories; for now I can only say that I was disappointed to see that in the vocal categories are still missing the beautiful Scat Voices already present in the old 9000 pro (sorry Eric... )

Speaking of styles, the old ones have been almost all tweaked and revoiced and are now generally improved; there are also many new styles, never released before by Yamaha, and I was pleased to discover a lot of them in the latin section, like "Guajira", "Bachata", "Cuban Son", "Guaguanco", "Danzon", "Vallenato", etc (I remember some of them from the SD1). Other styles now have different names, like the "Cuban bolero" that now is called "Slow bolero" and also sounds a bit different, so I saved the old one to my hard disk, just in case...
I was very pleased to find a lot of new and interesting multipads and finally now they are linked to the style, meaning that whenever you select a new style you already have a corresponding multipad selected (and one that makes sense from a musical point of view) and so one is not bound anymore to that awful "Hip hop 1" bank.
The multipads are now synced to the style even if you start to play them first (as an introduction) and trigger the style only later (on T1 they were in sync with the style only if you started the style first and the multipad later).
Another thing I loved: when you switch from one registration to another there is not anymore that dreadful lingering effect of the old sound that the T1 had (maybe this has something to do with a better handling of the transition at the level of the DSP).
I hope to post some demo's in the next days, as soon as I feel comfortable with this beast (believe me, it's not easy to tame it, and going from T1 to T2 is like going from a peaceful donkey to a wild horse!)

I would like to add a last word about the comparisons between different arrangers that have been going on this Forum in these last days: now that I have the Tyros 2 I am more than ever convinced that every arranger, just like every synth, has its personality, and so Ketron lovers will never be satisfied with a Yamaha, and vice-versa. This is to say that the Tyros 2 has the same clean sound (with a CD like quality) of the Tyros 1; this could be a plus for some, and a minus for others: now, who is right?

A final consideration about the drums issue: I have the feeling that, speaking of them, many of us are referring mainly to "kicks and snares"; if this is the case, I agree that an arranger like the SD1 has nice, crisp and punchy kicks and snares but... my humble opinion is that "Drums" is a category that should include also things like cymbals, triangles, snowbells, or agogo... and here -to my ears- the Tyros has clearly an edge, with its clean, CD-like, sound: try to record a song using the cymbals of an SD1 and you will understand what I mean...

OK, enough said for now; more to follow as I have something new to report.
Best regards to all.

Andrea

#209219 - 10/22/05 05:26 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Roel Offline

Thanks Andrea .... nice report !

#209220 - 10/22/05 06:06 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Another thing: the keyboard is definitely improved in feel compared with T1; however, the width of the individual keys is apparently the same.

#209221 - 10/22/05 07:14 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dnj Offline

Andrea thanx for the informative T2 review...
heres a few thing I would like to know if you get a chance to check out vs T1....

1- Vocalizer quality changes ?

2- New Music Finder features? will it save key too?

3- SMF playback that plays in correct original key not the key that the KB is in the last
registration mode without having to switch modes via direct access?

4- Can you edit SMF on the fly & save?

5- can you play songs from the HD after recording

6- Is there USB to PC?

#209222 - 10/22/05 07:23 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Lou Y Offline

Thanks Andrea for the review and enjoy.

#209223 - 10/22/05 07:50 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Roel Offline

Donny,
I have no T1 or T2 yet, but can answer some of you questions :

2. Perhaps I don't understand correctly, but I asume you mean the transpose-setting ?...I doubt if the music finder will ever save that setting, because thát is a typical function for the registration memory feature.

3. I never use(d) SMF on stage, so I have no idea about this one.

4. SMF edit 'on the fly' ....don't know, but who wants this on the fly?

5. Absolutely YES ! (of course) Not only the recorded stuff, but any WAV-file can be played back e.g. after file transfer from PC through the USB interface.

6. Two USB connections : USB to device and USB to host(PC). (A&B)

#209224 - 10/22/05 08:10 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Donny,
I will try to answer your questions, but for at least some of them I have to just quote what the owner's manual says.
1- Differences in the vocalizer: I cannot comment much here, since I don't sing at all and actually have never used the vocalizer in T1; the user manual says that the T2 has 60 presets, ranging from Country Quartet to Pop Vocal (preset 81 is "Thru"). The vocalizer menu (window) looks the same, both in T1 and T2.
2- Music Finder: I don't think that it can save the key of the song; I have tried to call several songs, but each time in the main screen there was no indication whatsoever of the key; this appeared as soon as I played a chord in the left section of the keyboard. The Music Finder, however, now remembers the song you called last and so you don't have to scroll every time from the first item on the list (as it was the case with T1).
3 and 4 - I cannot answer right now, since I haven't tried to play or edit a midifile yet.
5- Yes, you can play a song recorded to the hard disk and you can even import songs from an external source (like your computer) and create a playlist with them.
6- Yes, there are three USB ports: two on the rear panel (to device and to host) and one on the front panel (to device), on the right side. There are also a video output (NTSC or PAL) and an RGB output.

On a side note: the keyboard is very easy to transport, due to both its weight (14,5 kg, 15,5 with the music rest) and also its shape (it's really easy to get a hold of it due to the protruding upper part of the case).

#209225 - 10/22/05 08:40 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Donny,
6- Yes, there are three USB ports: two on the rear panel (to device and to host) and one on the front panel (to device), on the right side. There are also a video output (NTSC or PAL) and an RGB output.

Thanx Andrea for the info.....and tryiong to find out what Im asking.......
Does the USB let you transfer files directly from the Your PC too? or is it just for thumb drives, external drives.. etc etc ?

#209226 - 10/22/05 08:51 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
[b]
2. Perhaps I don't understand correctly, but I asume you mean the transpose-setting ?...

On the 3k/T1 if you are playing a style lets say....then next song you wanna play a SMF....you then switch to teh SMF mode SEQ player, select a song.......now you press play
......now that SMF song will play NOT in the original Key at "0" transpose, BUT It will play in the KEY of what ever registration the KB is in from the previous registration song, UNLESS you use direct access>transpose>song>push both Transpose buttins at the same time to revert the SEQ back to "0" so the SMF will play in its original intended key ......then you have to change Back to "KEYBOARD MODE" to be able to play along with the SMF by transposing the KB to match the SMF SONG.. ......I hope im making sense?

4. SMF edit 'on the fly' ....don't know, but who wants this on the fly?

many times I want o make little tweaks that can only be heard in real time on stage and saved to the SMF song while its playing at full stage volume.......doing this later on a pc at home you tend to forget what you want to do...being able to just tweak & save at will is important....I know the G1000 does this, & waswondering if teh T2 can do it also....the 3k does not.

5. Absolutely YES ! (of course) Not only the recorded stuff, but any WAV-file can be played back e.g. after file transfer from PC through the USB interface.

Thats a good feature....

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-22-2005).]

#209227 - 10/22/05 09:00 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Donny,
yes, the USB will let you transfer files to and from your PC (it has the same Storage Mode as the T1, only improved).

#209228 - 10/22/05 09:34 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dnj Offline

Thanx Andrea....looking forward to more of your reviews, demos etc etc as you go along....

ciao

#209229 - 10/22/05 10:06 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
I think that T2s are very small

#209230 - 10/22/05 10:52 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Hi Andrea!

Congratulations on getting your TYROS2!!!

You are now the proud owner of the Yamaha Clavinova CVP-307 and the Yamaha Tyros2. What a terrific combination.

I am dying to find answers to 2 specific questions.

How does the Grand Piano on the Tyros2 compare to the Grand Piano on the CVP307?

How does the Electric Piano named 'Polaris' on the Tyros2 compare to the 'Polaris' preset on the CVP307?

Thanks for all your posts on the CVP Users Group forum.

Regards,

Tapas

#209231 - 10/22/05 11:08 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Tapas,
thank you for your words, but I am afraid that there is a misunderstanding: I don't own a Clavinova and have never posted on the CVP User Group Forum.
I would be very happy, however, to answer any other question related to the Tyros 2.
Best regards,
Andrea

#209232 - 10/22/05 11:20 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Andrea,

Oops! Sorry for the confusion.

I have another question related to the Tyros 2. How would you compare the Key Action to some other arrangers/synths like the Korg i30, Korg Pa1Xpro, Roland Fantom X6, etc.

I did not like the key action of the Tyros classic.

Regards,

Tapas

#209233 - 10/22/05 11:32 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Tapas,
actually I think that the keybed is the same as the Motif 6, so is much better than the old Tyros 1. The keys have a nice, solid feeling and they appear also more responsive to key velocity (which means that the sound is louder, compared with Tyros 1, even hitting the key with the same strenght).

#209234 - 10/22/05 11:46 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
Dreamer. . .

Just want to add my appreciation for your review of the T2. I expect to receive mine soon, and it's great to hear your assessment of the quality of the sounds and styles. As a singer, I've been hoping for a significant improvement of the vocalizer, but I guess I'll have to wait on that one.
Thanks again. DerfM

#209235 - 10/22/05 12:14 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
cwalkeralso Offline

Loc: State of Washington, US
Quote:
Originally posted by DerfMuisc:
As a singer, I've been hoping for a significant improvement of the vocalizer, but I guess I'll have to wait on that one.

I am new to joining this forum, but have been reading it for a while. As I'm awaiting delivery of a T2, I've been following various discussions with interest -- here and elsewhere. On another forum, I found suggestions for improving VH on the T1. I've no personal knowledge of how much they help on the T1 (as I've never owned a T1), but maybe someone will find them useful on the T2. The entire context of the discussion is found at: http://musiciansroom.net/Discussions/Tyros/322.aspx

Specifically, the suggestions to which I refer were:

"I have discovered the secret to 'improving' VH distortion on Tyros ...is all to do with the master EQ setting.....none of the preset settings will give good results on VH... You will need to brighten the Main EQ settings considerably ( not the Mic EQ although the same principle applies here too )

Please try following setting to start & see how it works for you..

Medium Setting,, eq1+2db, eq2 +2db, eq3+3db, eq4+6db, eq5+9db

Crisp Setting..eq1+4db, eq2+3db, eq3+6db, eq4+8db, eq5+10db

These may seem very extreme ....but they will not only brighten your overall sound ..but will improve VH distortion considerably.....I believe that the dist. on VH is caused by the bass frequencies being too dominant...."

Again, I have ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE of how helpful these suggestions might be. I am simply throwing them into the discussion.

Charles Walker

#209236 - 10/22/05 12:28 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Eric, B Online   content

Hi Andrea,

thanks for the great report.

You are right about your observation regarding personality and sound (Ketron vs Yamaha)
Paul and I have that discussion every time we talk....
As you know he is a Ketron man. Even though he is eager to see my new T2 when it arrives, I doubt that he will be fully satisfied with it.
He just has to wait for the next Ketron generation.

Regarding Scat voices: I already knew that they won't be included in the T2, however with the voice expansion I'm hoping that either Yamaha or Peter Ships will come up with some usable ones, and if not I'm hoping to load voice from other companies.

Either way I think I'll be very happy.
Plus I'm getting some awesome styles for the T2 from Germany, which some of them are really kicking but.... as they did already on my Pro

Enjoy taming your new beast.... [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ciao

Eric

#209237 - 10/22/05 01:10 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
DerfMuisc Offline

Charles W.

Thanks for passing along the tip on trying to make the VH sound better. I'll try it out. However, it shouldn't be necessary. Hard to believe that Yamaha wouldn't pull out the stops to fix a problem that's generated so much complaining. We'll see.
DerfM

#209238 - 10/23/05 01:40 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Another (minor) cool feature I have just discovered: when you power up the keyboard, it remembers the last registration bank you selected before powering off.

(Has you may have guessed, since it's Sunday morning, I am off to another "play and discover" session... )

#209239 - 10/23/05 05:38 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Congratulations on getting your Tyros 2. Its the best arranger on the market.

My questions
1. Does it have an arabic drum kit like Tyros 1 ?
2. Do the new arabic multi pads sound good ?
3. Does the sweet soprano sax sound the same as Tyros 1?
4. In the SFX kit, does it have a good audience applause sound ?

Please give us more comparisons between the sounds of Tyros 1 and 2 and a drum kit comparison too...

Enjoy your new super arranger

Rolandfan

#209240 - 10/23/05 07:15 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Rolandfan,
thank you for your words.
Re. your questions:
1- Yes, the T2 has an arabic kit, like the T1.
2- In the T2 there are 8 banks of Oriental loops; the first two are just Darbouka and Tambourine and are perfect to play things like a Belly Dance ; furthermore, there are 2 banks of Arabic Percussions, but they are not looped, just single shot percussions; for what is worth, there is also a sample of a woman doing that strange sound with her tongue (if you are familiar with arabic music you'll know what I mean). The Arabic percussions left me rather cold, but the Oriental loops are excellent: can't wait to record a song using them!
3- The Sweet Soprano is one of the few Sax sounds that have not received the Super Articulation treatment; this means that it sounds exactly like the T1, maybe a little better. I cannot be sure, but I have a feeling that in T2 there is an overall improvement of the sound, compared with T1, like there is something different in the converters; however, it's also possible that it's just a psycological effect due to the excitement of the new toy...
4- No, the SFX kits (two of them) don't have an applause; however, there is a nice applause in the GM/XG bank and in the GM2 bank (the sample is the same).
Best regards,
A.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 10-23-2005).]

#209241 - 10/23/05 08:05 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

I am presently rearranging all my old registrations and I am glad that I have saved the old T1 styles to my hard disk, because some of them have been heavily changed. An example is the 8 beat ballad, which now sounds completely different. So, I advice everyone who is planning to update from T1 to T2 to save the old styles to the hard disk.

#209242 - 10/23/05 08:16 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Another (minor) cool feature I have just discovered: when you power up the keyboard, it remembers the last registration bank you selected before powering off.

YES! YES! YES!

I had given up on even hoping that Yamaha would do this! They did this on the 8000, but for some reason, not on the Tyros. This will make my life much easier! This is not a minor improvement - for me anyway, this is major!

#209243 - 10/23/05 11:25 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Scottyee Offline

Just had a terrific 1 hour free Skype chat (Rome to San Francisco) with Dreamer (Andrea Rotolo) in which he gave me a wonderful personal demonstration, playing his Tyros2 LIVE. He played for me MANY of the Tyros2 voices & styles. As I had expected, the Super Articulation voices sounded stunning, capturing the life-like nuances of an acoustic instrument better than I've ever heard b4 on any arranger keyboard I've ever played, which have included: Roland G70, Korg PA1Xpro, Ketron SD1, and Tyros1 too. Andrea first played(in auto accomp mode), an 8 bar melody featuring Yamaha's standard sax, trumpet/brass, and guitar voices. This sounded respectfully impressive as I would have expected, But Andrea then followed up each melody with another 8 bars+ playing the new 'Super Articulation' voice equivalents of the same acoustic instrument voices. The dramatic improvement was immediately apparent. It was like going from black & white TV to color TV, or a 2 dimensional image (flat) to 3D.

Of interesting note is the Tyros2 Super Articulation 'Pedal Steel Guitar' Voice. I was amazed how it sounded when Andrea played it live, along with a Country style. When you apply the pitch bend wheel, it only bends one note in the chord played with your right hand, as a true pedal steel works. Impressively authentic. Cool

For LIVE KEYBOARD PERFORMANCE players here who want to re-create the most authentic sounding acoustic instruments, and with the most lifelike 'musical expression', the Tyros2 is it. I've now played & auditioned live, the Roland G70, Korg Pa1XPro, Ketron SD1, and Tyros1. Though they've all got their strengths, for portable live keyboard performance, the Tyros2 is the one to beat.

I'm now more excited than ever to receive my Tyros2. In the meantime, I've decided to keep my Tyros1 a little while longer, so I can make sure my existing Tyros1 songs, styles & Regs are successfully moved over to the Tyros2 & sounding the way I want them.

In closing, I want to thank Skype, MSN, and other free internet PC to PC services now available for giving ALL OF US the ability to freely chat (both IM, VOICE, and Webcam) with virtually anyone in the world now. I first Andrea several years ago here on SZ, and then, when he came to San Francisco on an extended visit 3 years ago(?), we spent a lot of time together discussing and playing music together, quickly becoming lifelong friends.

It's only because of the newly discovered magic of PC to PC internet telephone + video cam, that we're able to stay in touch regularly, and chat with each other (including video) as if we live right next door to each other. The sound quality is INCREDIBLE (both voice & video). I encourage others to reach out to fellow SZ friends this way as well. BTW: Skype also supports 3-4 way conference calls. And of course . . . it's ALL totally FREE! My skpe ID is: scottyee

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-23-2005).]

#209244 - 10/23/05 12:25 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
scott soundwise i think the little psr3000 puts the g70 away. Thanks for the detailed answers dreamer

#209245 - 10/23/05 09:42 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dnj Offline

Andrea...please check this on T2...

1- Is there a lite indicating that the voc/har is ON or OFF? 3k doesnt have this.

2- When you select a song on the music finder list & press enter does the OTS link come on automaticaly? [Arggggg}

#209246 - 10/23/05 10:44 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Donny,
1- the harmonizer buttons are exactly like on T1; there are two lights corresponding to "Signal" and "Over" plus the lights over the buttons "Vocal harmony", "Talk", "Effect", "VH type select" and "Mic setting".

2- Yes, whenever you select a song in the Music Finder the four OTS change according to the song chosen.

#209247 - 10/24/05 06:15 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dnj Offline

Quote:

2- Yes, whenever you select a song in the Music Finder the four OTS change according to the song chosen.

Thanx Andrea for checking that out for me .......it just annoys me that when I use the MF that I have to always remember to shut of that OTS Link buttton to use my own...

#209248 - 10/24/05 10:40 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Bubbi Offline

Loc: Keflavik, Iceland
Dreamaer
We are all waiting for som demos

#209249 - 10/24/05 11:31 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbi:
Dreamaer
We are all waiting for som demos

Well, since you live in Iceland I will probably record something from Enya...

#209250 - 10/24/05 12:06 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
2- When you select a song on the music finder list & press enter does the OTS link come on automaticaly? [Arggggg}

I believe what DNJ is asking here about Music Finder, is whether the 'OTS LINK' button turns on (lights up) automatically when you first open Music Finder, as this is what happens on the Tyros1 and the PSR3000.

I have to concur with DNJ that, at least on my Tyros1, though it's possible to simply turn OFF the 'OTS LINK' button right after launching the MusicFinder Window, whenever I leave MusicFinder, to go to the MAIN Window (to check settings), and then return to MusicFinder, the OTS LINK button goes back to 'on' again . I would prefer that the OTS LINK on/off status remained where I set it last, at least until the keyboard is turned off. The question I believe Donny (and myself) ask is whether the MusicFinder's "OTS LINK" button on/off status works this same way with Tyros2 or not.

Now that we're on the subject of the Tyros2 MusicFinder. Tyros2 owners: please confirm if it's possible to call up via MusicFinder, custom styles located only on the Tyros Hard Drive and/or USB Memory Stick. Thanks in advance. - Scott

#209251 - 10/24/05 12:52 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Bubbi Offline

Loc: Keflavik, Iceland
Dreamer
Enya is not from Iceland. I think she is from Ireland. Bjork is from Iceland. I don't think you can play Bjork on an arranger.

#209252 - 10/24/05 02:13 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Oops...

#209253 - 10/24/05 05:03 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
asena Offline

Loc: Malmoe
Hello all.
Congratulations on t2 of yours.
Can you please help me whit a Q.
I ,m preaty god KB player.I live in sweden.
For the moment i heave PAX pro and Triton 96 mb ram for samples.
Couse of i play litle difrent music genre, i must sample or use samples for my music making.I play Oriental songs and need samples.
In pax i heave superb styles and samples but Load time for my set is like 6 minits for 32 mb!!!
I hate that.
Second, the 32 mb is like sh.....
Sory.
I read that the T2 can heave 1 gb of ram for samples.Thats the best part of this KB i think.
But,,, Can we load in akai? Roland or Samples from YAMAHA library directly in to it?
Or can we import samples easly from PC, via USB direct to it?
Is there any great sample edit func?
Can we buy a sample cd in Yamaha format and fill the T2 whit an orchestral string sect , better than t2 has alredy?
Spectra sonic implants and so, they heave a huge sampling library can we use it?
Thanx and god luck.

#209254 - 10/24/05 06:10 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I believe what DNJ is asking here about Music Finder, is whether the 'OTS LINK' button turns on (lights up) automatically when you first open Music Finder, as this is what happens on the Tyros1 and the PSR3000.

I have to concur with DNJ that, at least on my Tyros1, though it's possible to simply turn OFF the 'OTS LINK' button right after launching the MusicFinder Window, whenever I leave MusicFinder, to go to the MAIN Window (to check settings), and then return to MusicFinder, the OTS LINK button goes back to 'on' again . I would prefer that the OTS LINK on/off status remained where I set it last, at least until the keyboard is turned off. The question I believe Donny (and myself) ask is whether the MusicFinder's "OTS LINK" button on/off status works this same way with Tyros2 or not.

Now that we're on the subject of the Tyros2 MusicFinder. Tyros2 owners: please confirm if it's possible to call up via MusicFinder, custom styles located only on the Tyros Hard Drive and/or USB Memory Stick. Thanks in advance. - Scott

Excactly

#209255 - 10/24/05 06:56 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Lou Y Offline

I don't care where Enya is from, I'd love to hear something of hers on the T2. Is that a possibility Andrea?

[This message has been edited by Lou Y (edited 10-24-2005).]

#209256 - 10/25/05 01:31 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Asena,
the T2 user manual does not mention which samples are compatible with the internal memory; however, I have read in the Internet that Akai samples should load without problems (not so sure about Roland, though). My past experience with the 9000 pro has been that, even if you send an Akai sample from your PC to the keyboard, the 9000 pro had problems to recognize things like the loop points, so I had to set them all over again inside the keyboard. My guess is that we will be better off purchasing samples from Yamaha or third party companies, like it happens with the Motif (check the Motifator site for a list of really excellent samples).

Lou, I would LOVE to record something from Enya; even if she is irish, I think that her music is perfect to convey a vision of northern landscapes, full of peace and silence. However, there are many problems: first of all, I don't think that I could be do that in arranger mode: it should be a multitrack recording instead. Second, I should sort out all the parts (I haven't ever done a search for her music on the net); third, there is the problem of the sounds: for her music she uses a lot of analog synths, like the Roland Juno; I think that I could come up with something convincing for the pads and the strings, but the most difficult part (almost impossible) would be choosing a sound to replicate her beautiful voice: any ideas?

#209257 - 10/25/05 02:51 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
asena Offline

Loc: Malmoe
Hello all.
A friend told me that the T"2 can not edit user drum kits whit own samples. Is it true?If so this is wery bad.
How many user samples can we use in one sound.?

Please tell uss also , is there any real REAL !!! superb house/ Trance/ hip hop styles as well as the samba 16 beat and so!
I will buy an T"2 but i realy need help here about the compartion between PAX / T2
I can heave both of them.
But that would be stuped i think.
I play evry weak , heavy to take pax pro and fantom out for gigs.
What i need is one man band Wstation.
Can T2 give me more than pax,
PAX ram 32= stupido
T2 ram 1 gb = brilliant if its work wel, so please test samples, and sample func for us PLEASE
And i readed on tyros site that they heave a program side, there can we load like samples sample editors and so, can we take samples from motif library or 3rd part stores ?
So many Q!Please heeeeelp!
Is this KB dream or Nigth mare on elm street!

#209258 - 10/25/05 03:07 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
nielshs Offline

Hi

Buy the G-70. You can read about it and hear some demos at http://www.selskabsmusikeren.dk

#209259 - 10/25/05 03:15 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Roel Offline

Niels,

Why should he/we ? .... just 'teasing'

#209260 - 10/25/05 03:37 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
nielshs Offline

Hi Roel

Because its the best. It has a expansion slot for SRX boards. I just bourgt one and it sound perfect. You can use the sounds in the styles/songs and it makes it hard to beat. You can make it sound "live alike" and e.g make it sound "Tyros alike". What more do you need?

Regards Niels

#209261 - 10/25/05 04:08 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Roel Offline

As you know, I think completely different. I was teasing because in my view G70 still sounds 'average' (even with SRX and OS2) and T2 is FAR superiour hi hi !

Let's be honest : It is only a matter of taste and personal views.

I'm pretty excited because the 'beast' will arrive tomorrow.... I hope.

#209262 - 10/25/05 04:22 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
nielshs Offline

No Roel I don't think its a mather of taste in this case. Lot of people was disapointed about the "out of the box" sound when it was released. But now it sounds SUPER and the disapointed people won't admit it or haven't heard the new OS2 version and still coments about how bad it sound. But it does NOT.
Congrad. with you new Tyros2, hop you gonna like it (you probarly will) If not, buy the G-70.

Niels

#209263 - 10/25/05 04:35 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nielshs:
What more do you need?

Get Roland to fix the G70 problems, as reported by N9FAL, when he auditioned & played it with "OS version 2.0" installed (see below):

Quote:
Originally posted by N9FAL:
I play live. No midi files. I want to be able to sit down and play right away, no tweeking, minimal button pushing. My expectations are high quality sounds and styles.The sounds were for the most part, FLAT. On OS 2, still too much reverberation on the voices. The salesman and I couldn't figure out how to adjust this. Compared to the PA1X, the voices did not have the clarity, the punch, the crispness. Some of the voices almost sounded muffled.

Wow! N9FAL's impressions are the same I had when auditioning a G70 with version 1.4. Doesn't sound (to me) like 2.0 corrected ANYTHING I complained about with 1.4.

OK Neishs: I acknowledge that the country song you played & recorded LIVE (with your singing) on your G70 sounded pretty good, so I'm confused. Was that played & recorded in 'auto accomp' mode pretty much out of the box (G70 factory settings, & with no sound tweaking), or did you spend a lot of time tweaking the sounds to get it to sound that way? Btw, perhaps you can provide a link to your G70 song again so we can have another listen.

Scott

#209264 - 10/25/05 04:46 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
nielshs Offline

Hi

Yes it was recordet in auto accomp mode. It took me about 5 min. to ajust the sound, so I tweaked a little bit. I have added a new demo with a BigBand style. http://nielshs.homepage.dk
I rearly want to know what you think about the BigBand demo.

Regards Niels

#209265 - 10/25/05 05:15 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Lou Y Offline

Andrea

------------------
Lou

#209266 - 10/25/05 05:40 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
nielshs Offline

Hi Scott and Roel

Try listen to this song. I have made some new overall effect settings. http://nielshs.homepage.dk
It¨s the first Demo.

#209267 - 10/25/05 05:48 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
the most difficult part (almost impossible) would be choosing a sound to replicate her beautiful voice: any ideas?

Tyros2 Vocal Harmonizer?

#209268 - 10/25/05 08:55 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Eric, B Online   content

Hi Andrea,

looks like I might be right regarding Scat voices on T2 http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=2416.0

Ciao

Eric

#209269 - 10/25/05 09:34 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
DerfMuisc Offline

I've got a thought. Since this thread is supposedly about the T2 (not the G-70), how about someone who actually has the board providing some demos of styles we haven't already heard, maybe with a couple of bars of the variations and maybe even a few SA voices on top. And how about a little of the VH from someone who knows how to use it. Nothing fancy, just how the thing sounds. For what it's worth. DerfM

#209270 - 10/25/05 10:55 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Eric,
thanks for the info; looks promising indeed...

#209271 - 10/26/05 12:54 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Roel Offline

Niels,
Please read my lips : "In my view the G70 (íncluding demo's) sound poor/average!"

So it IS an matter of taste, needs, what you are used to.... please accept this

I took a listen to your demo's and I said it before : Your singing is OK, but what is good on the G70 sound/styles? They do not impress at all. Just an opinion ... remember?

Well I must go now, Henk Oostendorp called me telling the Tyros2 arrived

#209272 - 10/26/05 12:59 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Went to a tyros 2 demonstratioj yesterday. Tony Pehgler and Ja,mes sargeant were the demonstrators. They are too heavby weight yamaha demonstrators !!! Tony Pegler demonstrated the latest Clavinova buit never mentioned the name of the piano once !!! However Tony demontsrated the calvinova and he was first in the presentation. Oh my goodness!!!!!! That man can play! I was lusting for his talent never mind the instrument which by the way sounded absolutely awesome.Anyway back to tyhe subject matter...

James Sargeant demonstrated the Tyros2. He took us through all the style types. Obvuously he focused hisd demo on the super articulation voices and they were truly outstanding. One of the difficulties with his demonstartion though is that he was trying to show off all the differnt styles of the boardbut his presentation was geared towards his target audince. The average age was 60 plus and so the choice of music was not really to my taste. Thats not to say i wasnt impressed with the quality of sound of the instrument and its versatility. He made no mention whatsoever of the harddisk recording facility or its sample playback capacity but this was probably not of any interest to the target audience.

Its a shame that i have heard the Sa voices before the presentation because there was not much to be surprised with when i heard them live. He relied upon the sax and concert guitar heavily throughout the presentation and some of the organs. It was a delight to hear a pro arranger player utilising his skills on such a deadly musical weapon!!.Overall i was suitably impressed andcan see the potential of this instrument. Not sure i would spend £3000 on one though. Actually i am certain i would not !! It was a great eveniong though and it was worth going to just to hear Tony Pegler and the Tyros demo was a bonus !

#209273 - 10/26/05 02:30 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DerfMuisc:
I've got a thought. Since this thread is supposedly about the T2 (not the G-70), how about someone who actually has the board providing some demos of styles we haven't already heard, maybe with a couple of bars of the variations and maybe even a few SA voices on top. And how about a little of the VH from someone who knows how to use it. Nothing fancy, just how the thing sounds. For what it's worth. DerfM

There is already a demo of the Tyros 2 harmoniser by some one who presumably knows how to use it.
After all, it should work perfect out of the box. No tweeking should have to be done with an arranger. (

see http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/011808.html

#209274 - 10/26/05 07:28 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Roel Offline

I'm too busy exploring this GREAT machine, but just wanted to let you know mine is in the house

A nice coincedence : At my dealer I met a nice belgium musician that picked up a Tyros2 and he turned out to be a forum member as well.

In the shop EVERYBODY was deeply impressed by this Tyros2.

Must go now..... lots of hours to spend with T2.

#209275 - 10/26/05 07:37 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Roel,
congratulations for your Tyros 2; I am sure that you will love it, at least as much as I love mine!
P.S.: I am sure that Wietse will love it too!

#209276 - 10/26/05 09:25 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Roel,
Gefeliciteerd !
Youre the first !

Arno.:-)

#209277 - 10/26/05 09:37 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Scottyee Offline

Roel, congratulations on being the 2nd member of SZ to finally receive their T2. Looking forward to your first hand assessment of course. I continue to wait for mine to arrive. - Scott

#209278 - 10/27/05 09:03 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

OK, I have finally found the time to post some short demo's of the Tyros 2; they are meant to give an idea of some of the new sounds and also of the new styles. They can be found on this page of my website.
The first demo is an example of the new Bossa Nova style, that makes use of the new super-articulation guitar for the rhytm part (in variation 1 of the style there is just the acoustic guitar playing). You can also hear the SA Acoustic Guitar playing the melody of the song.
The second demo portrays the Harmonica and the Super Articulation Sax.
The third demo shows again the SA Acoustic Guitar; I really love the overall atmosphere of this song and frankly don't believe that could have attained the same result with another arranger (sorry, folks...)
The fourth demo is for oriental music lovers: there is just a loop and the SA Sax playing: anyone can guess the title of the song?
Enjoy!

#209279 - 10/28/05 12:55 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
i'm glad to see you all enjoying the T2 so much - what should i pull out from that ? Dump my VA-76? Dreamer, again I LOVE YOUR " EUROPA " the guitar is excellent ! GREAT !

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online