SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#209268 - 10/25/05 08:55 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Andrea,

looks like I might be right regarding Scat voices on T2 http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=2416.0

Ciao

Eric

#209269 - 10/25/05 09:34 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
I've got a thought. Since this thread is supposedly about the T2 (not the G-70), how about someone who actually has the board providing some demos of styles we haven't already heard, maybe with a couple of bars of the variations and maybe even a few SA voices on top. And how about a little of the VH from someone who knows how to use it. Nothing fancy, just how the thing sounds. For what it's worth. DerfM

#209270 - 10/25/05 10:55 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Eric,
thanks for the info; looks promising indeed...

#209271 - 10/26/05 12:54 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Roel Offline

Niels,
Please read my lips : "In my view the G70 (íncluding demo's) sound poor/average!"

So it IS an matter of taste, needs, what you are used to.... please accept this

I took a listen to your demo's and I said it before : Your singing is OK, but what is good on the G70 sound/styles? They do not impress at all. Just an opinion ... remember?

Well I must go now, Henk Oostendorp called me telling the Tyros2 arrived

#209272 - 10/26/05 12:59 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Went to a tyros 2 demonstratioj yesterday. Tony Pehgler and Ja,mes sargeant were the demonstrators. They are too heavby weight yamaha demonstrators !!! Tony Pegler demonstrated the latest Clavinova buit never mentioned the name of the piano once !!! However Tony demontsrated the calvinova and he was first in the presentation. Oh my goodness!!!!!! That man can play! I was lusting for his talent never mind the instrument which by the way sounded absolutely awesome.Anyway back to tyhe subject matter...

James Sargeant demonstrated the Tyros2. He took us through all the style types. Obvuously he focused hisd demo on the super articulation voices and they were truly outstanding. One of the difficulties with his demonstartion though is that he was trying to show off all the differnt styles of the boardbut his presentation was geared towards his target audince. The average age was 60 plus and so the choice of music was not really to my taste. Thats not to say i wasnt impressed with the quality of sound of the instrument and its versatility. He made no mention whatsoever of the harddisk recording facility or its sample playback capacity but this was probably not of any interest to the target audience.

Its a shame that i have heard the Sa voices before the presentation because there was not much to be surprised with when i heard them live. He relied upon the sax and concert guitar heavily throughout the presentation and some of the organs. It was a delight to hear a pro arranger player utilising his skills on such a deadly musical weapon!!.Overall i was suitably impressed andcan see the potential of this instrument. Not sure i would spend £3000 on one though. Actually i am certain i would not !! It was a great eveniong though and it was worth going to just to hear Tony Pegler and the Tyros demo was a bonus !

#209273 - 10/26/05 02:30 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DerfMuisc:
I've got a thought. Since this thread is supposedly about the T2 (not the G-70), how about someone who actually has the board providing some demos of styles we haven't already heard, maybe with a couple of bars of the variations and maybe even a few SA voices on top. And how about a little of the VH from someone who knows how to use it. Nothing fancy, just how the thing sounds. For what it's worth. DerfM

There is already a demo of the Tyros 2 harmoniser by some one who presumably knows how to use it.
After all, it should work perfect out of the box. No tweeking should have to be done with an arranger. (

see http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/011808.html

#209274 - 10/26/05 07:28 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Roel Offline

I'm too busy exploring this GREAT machine, but just wanted to let you know mine is in the house

A nice coincedence : At my dealer I met a nice belgium musician that picked up a Tyros2 and he turned out to be a forum member as well.

In the shop EVERYBODY was deeply impressed by this Tyros2.

Must go now..... lots of hours to spend with T2.

#209275 - 10/26/05 07:37 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Roel,
congratulations for your Tyros 2; I am sure that you will love it, at least as much as I love mine!
P.S.: I am sure that Wietse will love it too!

#209276 - 10/26/05 09:25 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Roel,
Gefeliciteerd !
Youre the first !

Arno.:-)

#209277 - 10/26/05 09:37 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Roel, congratulations on being the 2nd member of SZ to finally receive their T2. Looking forward to your first hand assessment of course. I continue to wait for mine to arrive. - Scott

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online