SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#209248 - 10/24/05 10:40 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Bubbi Offline

Loc: Keflavik, Iceland
Dreamaer
We are all waiting for som demos

#209249 - 10/24/05 11:31 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbi:
Dreamaer
We are all waiting for som demos

Well, since you live in Iceland I will probably record something from Enya...

#209250 - 10/24/05 12:06 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
2- When you select a song on the music finder list & press enter does the OTS link come on automaticaly? [Arggggg}

I believe what DNJ is asking here about Music Finder, is whether the 'OTS LINK' button turns on (lights up) automatically when you first open Music Finder, as this is what happens on the Tyros1 and the PSR3000.

I have to concur with DNJ that, at least on my Tyros1, though it's possible to simply turn OFF the 'OTS LINK' button right after launching the MusicFinder Window, whenever I leave MusicFinder, to go to the MAIN Window (to check settings), and then return to MusicFinder, the OTS LINK button goes back to 'on' again . I would prefer that the OTS LINK on/off status remained where I set it last, at least until the keyboard is turned off. The question I believe Donny (and myself) ask is whether the MusicFinder's "OTS LINK" button on/off status works this same way with Tyros2 or not.

Now that we're on the subject of the Tyros2 MusicFinder. Tyros2 owners: please confirm if it's possible to call up via MusicFinder, custom styles located only on the Tyros Hard Drive and/or USB Memory Stick. Thanks in advance. - Scott

#209251 - 10/24/05 12:52 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Bubbi Offline

Loc: Keflavik, Iceland
Dreamer
Enya is not from Iceland. I think she is from Ireland. Bjork is from Iceland. I don't think you can play Bjork on an arranger.

#209252 - 10/24/05 02:13 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Oops...

#209253 - 10/24/05 05:03 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
asena Offline

Loc: Malmoe
Hello all.
Congratulations on t2 of yours.
Can you please help me whit a Q.
I ,m preaty god KB player.I live in sweden.
For the moment i heave PAX pro and Triton 96 mb ram for samples.
Couse of i play litle difrent music genre, i must sample or use samples for my music making.I play Oriental songs and need samples.
In pax i heave superb styles and samples but Load time for my set is like 6 minits for 32 mb!!!
I hate that.
Second, the 32 mb is like sh.....
Sory.
I read that the T2 can heave 1 gb of ram for samples.Thats the best part of this KB i think.
But,,, Can we load in akai? Roland or Samples from YAMAHA library directly in to it?
Or can we import samples easly from PC, via USB direct to it?
Is there any great sample edit func?
Can we buy a sample cd in Yamaha format and fill the T2 whit an orchestral string sect , better than t2 has alredy?
Spectra sonic implants and so, they heave a huge sampling library can we use it?
Thanx and god luck.

#209254 - 10/24/05 06:10 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dnj Online   content

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I believe what DNJ is asking here about Music Finder, is whether the 'OTS LINK' button turns on (lights up) automatically when you first open Music Finder, as this is what happens on the Tyros1 and the PSR3000.

I have to concur with DNJ that, at least on my Tyros1, though it's possible to simply turn OFF the 'OTS LINK' button right after launching the MusicFinder Window, whenever I leave MusicFinder, to go to the MAIN Window (to check settings), and then return to MusicFinder, the OTS LINK button goes back to 'on' again . I would prefer that the OTS LINK on/off status remained where I set it last, at least until the keyboard is turned off. The question I believe Donny (and myself) ask is whether the MusicFinder's "OTS LINK" button on/off status works this same way with Tyros2 or not.

Now that we're on the subject of the Tyros2 MusicFinder. Tyros2 owners: please confirm if it's possible to call up via MusicFinder, custom styles located only on the Tyros Hard Drive and/or USB Memory Stick. Thanks in advance. - Scott

Excactly

#209255 - 10/24/05 06:56 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
I don't care where Enya is from, I'd love to hear something of hers on the T2. Is that a possibility Andrea?

[This message has been edited by Lou Y (edited 10-24-2005).]

#209256 - 10/25/05 01:31 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Asena,
the T2 user manual does not mention which samples are compatible with the internal memory; however, I have read in the Internet that Akai samples should load without problems (not so sure about Roland, though). My past experience with the 9000 pro has been that, even if you send an Akai sample from your PC to the keyboard, the 9000 pro had problems to recognize things like the loop points, so I had to set them all over again inside the keyboard. My guess is that we will be better off purchasing samples from Yamaha or third party companies, like it happens with the Motif (check the Motifator site for a list of really excellent samples).

Lou, I would LOVE to record something from Enya; even if she is irish, I think that her music is perfect to convey a vision of northern landscapes, full of peace and silence. However, there are many problems: first of all, I don't think that I could be do that in arranger mode: it should be a multitrack recording instead. Second, I should sort out all the parts (I haven't ever done a search for her music on the net); third, there is the problem of the sounds: for her music she uses a lot of analog synths, like the Roland Juno; I think that I could come up with something convincing for the pads and the strings, but the most difficult part (almost impossible) would be choosing a sound to replicate her beautiful voice: any ideas?

#209257 - 10/25/05 02:51 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
asena Offline

Loc: Malmoe
Hello all.
A friend told me that the T"2 can not edit user drum kits whit own samples. Is it true?If so this is wery bad.
How many user samples can we use in one sound.?

Please tell uss also , is there any real REAL !!! superb house/ Trance/ hip hop styles as well as the samba 16 beat and so!
I will buy an T"2 but i realy need help here about the compartion between PAX / T2
I can heave both of them.
But that would be stuped i think.
I play evry weak , heavy to take pax pro and fantom out for gigs.
What i need is one man band Wstation.
Can T2 give me more than pax,
PAX ram 32= stupido
T2 ram 1 gb = brilliant if its work wel, so please test samples, and sample func for us PLEASE
And i readed on tyros site that they heave a program side, there can we load like samples sample editors and so, can we take samples from motif library or 3rd part stores ?
So many Q!Please heeeeelp!
Is this KB dream or Nigth mare on elm street!

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online