SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#209238 - 10/23/05 01:40 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Another (minor) cool feature I have just discovered: when you power up the keyboard, it remembers the last registration bank you selected before powering off.

(Has you may have guessed, since it's Sunday morning, I am off to another "play and discover" session... )

#209239 - 10/23/05 05:38 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Congratulations on getting your Tyros 2. Its the best arranger on the market.

My questions
1. Does it have an arabic drum kit like Tyros 1 ?
2. Do the new arabic multi pads sound good ?
3. Does the sweet soprano sax sound the same as Tyros 1?
4. In the SFX kit, does it have a good audience applause sound ?

Please give us more comparisons between the sounds of Tyros 1 and 2 and a drum kit comparison too...

Enjoy your new super arranger

Rolandfan

#209240 - 10/23/05 07:15 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Rolandfan,
thank you for your words.
Re. your questions:
1- Yes, the T2 has an arabic kit, like the T1.
2- In the T2 there are 8 banks of Oriental loops; the first two are just Darbouka and Tambourine and are perfect to play things like a Belly Dance ; furthermore, there are 2 banks of Arabic Percussions, but they are not looped, just single shot percussions; for what is worth, there is also a sample of a woman doing that strange sound with her tongue (if you are familiar with arabic music you'll know what I mean). The Arabic percussions left me rather cold, but the Oriental loops are excellent: can't wait to record a song using them!
3- The Sweet Soprano is one of the few Sax sounds that have not received the Super Articulation treatment; this means that it sounds exactly like the T1, maybe a little better. I cannot be sure, but I have a feeling that in T2 there is an overall improvement of the sound, compared with T1, like there is something different in the converters; however, it's also possible that it's just a psycological effect due to the excitement of the new toy...
4- No, the SFX kits (two of them) don't have an applause; however, there is a nice applause in the GM/XG bank and in the GM2 bank (the sample is the same).
Best regards,
A.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 10-23-2005).]

#209241 - 10/23/05 08:05 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

I am presently rearranging all my old registrations and I am glad that I have saved the old T1 styles to my hard disk, because some of them have been heavily changed. An example is the 8 beat ballad, which now sounds completely different. So, I advice everyone who is planning to update from T1 to T2 to save the old styles to the hard disk.

#209242 - 10/23/05 08:16 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Another (minor) cool feature I have just discovered: when you power up the keyboard, it remembers the last registration bank you selected before powering off.

YES! YES! YES!

I had given up on even hoping that Yamaha would do this! They did this on the 8000, but for some reason, not on the Tyros. This will make my life much easier! This is not a minor improvement - for me anyway, this is major!

#209243 - 10/23/05 11:25 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Just had a terrific 1 hour free Skype chat (Rome to San Francisco) with Dreamer (Andrea Rotolo) in which he gave me a wonderful personal demonstration, playing his Tyros2 LIVE. He played for me MANY of the Tyros2 voices & styles. As I had expected, the Super Articulation voices sounded stunning, capturing the life-like nuances of an acoustic instrument better than I've ever heard b4 on any arranger keyboard I've ever played, which have included: Roland G70, Korg PA1Xpro, Ketron SD1, and Tyros1 too. Andrea first played(in auto accomp mode), an 8 bar melody featuring Yamaha's standard sax, trumpet/brass, and guitar voices. This sounded respectfully impressive as I would have expected, But Andrea then followed up each melody with another 8 bars+ playing the new 'Super Articulation' voice equivalents of the same acoustic instrument voices. The dramatic improvement was immediately apparent. It was like going from black & white TV to color TV, or a 2 dimensional image (flat) to 3D.

Of interesting note is the Tyros2 Super Articulation 'Pedal Steel Guitar' Voice. I was amazed how it sounded when Andrea played it live, along with a Country style. When you apply the pitch bend wheel, it only bends one note in the chord played with your right hand, as a true pedal steel works. Impressively authentic. Cool

For LIVE KEYBOARD PERFORMANCE players here who want to re-create the most authentic sounding acoustic instruments, and with the most lifelike 'musical expression', the Tyros2 is it. I've now played & auditioned live, the Roland G70, Korg Pa1XPro, Ketron SD1, and Tyros1. Though they've all got their strengths, for portable live keyboard performance, the Tyros2 is the one to beat.

I'm now more excited than ever to receive my Tyros2. In the meantime, I've decided to keep my Tyros1 a little while longer, so I can make sure my existing Tyros1 songs, styles & Regs are successfully moved over to the Tyros2 & sounding the way I want them.

In closing, I want to thank Skype, MSN, and other free internet PC to PC services now available for giving ALL OF US the ability to freely chat (both IM, VOICE, and Webcam) with virtually anyone in the world now. I first Andrea several years ago here on SZ, and then, when he came to San Francisco on an extended visit 3 years ago(?), we spent a lot of time together discussing and playing music together, quickly becoming lifelong friends.

It's only because of the newly discovered magic of PC to PC internet telephone + video cam, that we're able to stay in touch regularly, and chat with each other (including video) as if we live right next door to each other. The sound quality is INCREDIBLE (both voice & video). I encourage others to reach out to fellow SZ friends this way as well. BTW: Skype also supports 3-4 way conference calls. And of course . . . it's ALL totally FREE! My skpe ID is: scottyee

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-23-2005).]

#209244 - 10/23/05 12:25 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
scott soundwise i think the little psr3000 puts the g70 away. Thanks for the detailed answers dreamer

#209245 - 10/23/05 09:42 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dnj Offline

Andrea...please check this on T2...

1- Is there a lite indicating that the voc/har is ON or OFF? 3k doesnt have this.

2- When you select a song on the music finder list & press enter does the OTS link come on automaticaly? [Arggggg}

#209246 - 10/23/05 10:44 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Donny,
1- the harmonizer buttons are exactly like on T1; there are two lights corresponding to "Signal" and "Over" plus the lights over the buttons "Vocal harmony", "Talk", "Effect", "VH type select" and "Mic setting".

2- Yes, whenever you select a song in the Music Finder the four OTS change according to the song chosen.

#209247 - 10/24/05 06:15 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:

2- Yes, whenever you select a song in the Music Finder the four OTS change according to the song chosen.

Thanx Andrea for checking that out for me .......it just annoys me that when I use the MF that I have to always remember to shut of that OTS Link buttton to use my own...

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online