SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#209228 - 10/22/05 09:34 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dnj Offline

Thanx Andrea....looking forward to more of your reviews, demos etc etc as you go along....

ciao

#209229 - 10/22/05 10:06 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
I think that T2s are very small

#209230 - 10/22/05 10:52 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Tapas Online   content

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Hi Andrea!

Congratulations on getting your TYROS2!!!

You are now the proud owner of the Yamaha Clavinova CVP-307 and the Yamaha Tyros2. What a terrific combination.

I am dying to find answers to 2 specific questions.

How does the Grand Piano on the Tyros2 compare to the Grand Piano on the CVP307?

How does the Electric Piano named 'Polaris' on the Tyros2 compare to the 'Polaris' preset on the CVP307?

Thanks for all your posts on the CVP Users Group forum.

Regards,

Tapas

#209231 - 10/22/05 11:08 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Tapas,
thank you for your words, but I am afraid that there is a misunderstanding: I don't own a Clavinova and have never posted on the CVP User Group Forum.
I would be very happy, however, to answer any other question related to the Tyros 2.
Best regards,
Andrea

#209232 - 10/22/05 11:20 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Tapas Online   content

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Andrea,

Oops! Sorry for the confusion.

I have another question related to the Tyros 2. How would you compare the Key Action to some other arrangers/synths like the Korg i30, Korg Pa1Xpro, Roland Fantom X6, etc.

I did not like the key action of the Tyros classic.

Regards,

Tapas

#209233 - 10/22/05 11:32 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Tapas,
actually I think that the keybed is the same as the Motif 6, so is much better than the old Tyros 1. The keys have a nice, solid feeling and they appear also more responsive to key velocity (which means that the sound is louder, compared with Tyros 1, even hitting the key with the same strenght).

#209234 - 10/22/05 11:46 AM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
Dreamer. . .

Just want to add my appreciation for your review of the T2. I expect to receive mine soon, and it's great to hear your assessment of the quality of the sounds and styles. As a singer, I've been hoping for a significant improvement of the vocalizer, but I guess I'll have to wait on that one.
Thanks again. DerfM

#209235 - 10/22/05 12:14 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
cwalkeralso Offline

Loc: State of Washington, US
Quote:
Originally posted by DerfMuisc:
As a singer, I've been hoping for a significant improvement of the vocalizer, but I guess I'll have to wait on that one.

I am new to joining this forum, but have been reading it for a while. As I'm awaiting delivery of a T2, I've been following various discussions with interest -- here and elsewhere. On another forum, I found suggestions for improving VH on the T1. I've no personal knowledge of how much they help on the T1 (as I've never owned a T1), but maybe someone will find them useful on the T2. The entire context of the discussion is found at: http://musiciansroom.net/Discussions/Tyros/322.aspx

Specifically, the suggestions to which I refer were:

"I have discovered the secret to 'improving' VH distortion on Tyros ...is all to do with the master EQ setting.....none of the preset settings will give good results on VH... You will need to brighten the Main EQ settings considerably ( not the Mic EQ although the same principle applies here too )

Please try following setting to start & see how it works for you..

Medium Setting,, eq1+2db, eq2 +2db, eq3+3db, eq4+6db, eq5+9db

Crisp Setting..eq1+4db, eq2+3db, eq3+6db, eq4+8db, eq5+10db

These may seem very extreme ....but they will not only brighten your overall sound ..but will improve VH distortion considerably.....I believe that the dist. on VH is caused by the bass frequencies being too dominant...."

Again, I have ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE of how helpful these suggestions might be. I am simply throwing them into the discussion.

Charles Walker

#209236 - 10/22/05 12:28 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Andrea,

thanks for the great report.

You are right about your observation regarding personality and sound (Ketron vs Yamaha)
Paul and I have that discussion every time we talk....
As you know he is a Ketron man. Even though he is eager to see my new T2 when it arrives, I doubt that he will be fully satisfied with it.
He just has to wait for the next Ketron generation.

Regarding Scat voices: I already knew that they won't be included in the T2, however with the voice expansion I'm hoping that either Yamaha or Peter Ships will come up with some usable ones, and if not I'm hoping to load voice from other companies.

Either way I think I'll be very happy.
Plus I'm getting some awesome styles for the T2 from Germany, which some of them are really kicking but.... as they did already on my Pro

Enjoy taming your new beast.... [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ciao

Eric

#209237 - 10/22/05 01:10 PM Re: Tyros 2 is in the house.
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
Charles W.

Thanks for passing along the tip on trying to make the VH sound better. I'll try it out. However, it shouldn't be necessary. Hard to believe that Yamaha wouldn't pull out the stops to fix a problem that's generated so much complaining. We'll see.
DerfM

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online