SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#209189 - 05/31/06 12:22 PM Tyros 2 Question
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I didn't get any reply yesterday in the Tyros Forum so I will try it here.
I currently have the main in and out going to the Logitech Z2300 and that is great. However, I then have to feed out of the earphone jack into my mixer and back to the computer to record live in cakewalk PRO 9.
I am thinking about feeding the Z2300 from the Tyros 2 speaker jacks and running the mains directly to the mixer and then out to the computer and the studio sound wall that can be on or off.
Is there a problem with this? Does anybody know for sure?
Let me hear from you and thanks for your impute.
Best to all,
Bebop

#209190 - 05/31/06 01:13 PM Re: Tyros 2 Question
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
If I understand correctly, you would have a crossover problem going from the T2 speaker jacks on the back of the board. Since low frequency is cut out by the sub-woofer. Of course I may not understand what you really mean when you say "connect to the speaker jacks" on the Tyros 2.

Regards,

Dennis

[This message has been edited by TwoNuts (edited 05-31-2006).]

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#209191 - 05/31/06 02:06 PM Re: Tyros 2 Question
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
BB, I don't believe that will work. Why not just go from the headphone output to the Logitechs and from the Main outs to your computer or mixer.
There are also two other outputs called Loop Send. They are full volume outputs.
DonM

#209192 - 05/31/06 02:29 PM Re: Tyros 2 Question
BEBOP Offline

thanks for your response guys.
Dennis, I am asking about plugging the two cables that are currently plugged into the main outs and plug them into the Tyros speaker outs on each end of the keyboard.
Don, that is what I am doing now only opposite with the Logitech plugged into the mains and the mixer plugged into the head phone.
I just don't like the wires and adapters sticking out of the head phone jack as I am afraid of hitting it and breaking something off.
Bill

#209193 - 05/31/06 03:21 PM Re: Tyros 2 Question
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bill, a normal set-up would be;
1-Sound source (keyboard) into Computer, unless you want to EQ the sound.
2-Then it would be Sound source into Mixer or EQ the to the Computer
3-From the computer to the X2300

In this way you will always hear what the recorder on the computer hears.

I do not like want comes from the head phone outs., that’s not what they are meant for – possible distortion.

Another thought is line out to the mixer or computer -- and controlling the record volume with the computer. Then the main outs of the keyboard to the Z2300.

Line out is pure out with no volume control.

John C.

#209194 - 05/31/06 04:50 PM Re: Tyros 2 Question
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Hey Bebop,

That is what I thought that you might be talking about. If you do it that way you will not have all your frequency, as it is normally filtered (or crossed over) by the sub woofer. Only the higher frequencies make their way to the sattelite speakers.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#209195 - 05/31/06 06:15 PM Re: Tyros 2 Question
BEBOP Offline

The mains from the keyboard feed into the control for the Z2300. This control controls both volume for the Bass Wofer and the two satellites. The flow from the control unit is into the Woofer and then it feeds into the satellits speakers. This is what I use when I am just jamming with the keyboard here in the studio.
I feed the keyboard out into the studio by running cables from the head phone to the mixer or by plugging into the mains after unplugging the z2300 speakers. Then i have to use some speakers in the sound wall. which is 12 feet behind me when playing as opposed to the z2300 is three feet in front of me when I am playing.
I can go from the keyboard to the mixer to the computer to the z2300 by going through the computer sound card, but........I am concerned about making an error and using the midi sounds in the sound card for recording.
I would like to keep it as simple as possible,
Bill

#209196 - 05/31/06 08:49 PM Re: Tyros 2 Question
DonM Offline

Not sure what mixer you have, but you could go from the main outs of the Tyros to the mixer, and then use the main outs of the mixer to the Logitech, and alternate outs (such as monitor sends or tape sends) from the mixer to the computer.
DonM

#209197 - 06/01/06 03:54 AM Re: Tyros 2 Question
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I agree with DonM, wouldn't this be the most straight forward setup allowing you the most flexibility in input/outputs while still retaining the full frequency of the output signal?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#209198 - 06/01/06 08:14 AM Re: Tyros 2 Question
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Point:
The down side of using the Z2300 as the sound source before the recorder is that you may not record what you are hearing. The adjustments you make for the bass and satellites on your Z2300 are not recorded. The recorder only hears what is coming directly from the keyboard -- which is before the sound of the Z2300.

You need to experiment with the audio outputs of your Tyros 2.
1-Main outs.
2-Line outs.
3-Headphone out.

They all have their own qualities. I never recommend the headphone out. May be someone with more knowledge can tell us about the compared out puts above. There must be positives and negatives for each one.

IMHO, John C.

Woops, I need to correct -- I do not think there are line outs on a Tyros 2 (Line outs are not effected by the volume control of the keyboard)--I don't have mine TY2 yet. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by bruno123 (edited 06-01-2006).]

#209199 - 06/01/06 11:13 AM Re: Tyros 2 Question
DonM Offline

The Tyros 2 Loop Send outputs double as line outs.
DonM

#209200 - 06/01/06 03:39 PM Re: Tyros 2 Question
BEBOP Offline

thanks guys,
I have done some rewiring in here and it seems to be ok now.
I am running the left and right main out to the Mackie 16 channel mixer and feeding from there into the computer sound card. I can also feed out of the mixer into any of the several sound systems on the sound wall, after going through the stereo graphics 32 channel EQ.
I have the computer sound card feeding into the Logitech Z2300.
I can run the computer and any sounds from it into the z2300 with only it turned on. If I want to feed sound out of the Tyros 2 I have to turn on the studio racks that have the mixer and sound effects and recording gear etc. Once all that is turned on I can feed the sound anywhere i want it to go.

I haven't tried the cakewalk Pro Audio 9 just yet but I think it will be ok. I believe this is the way I used to have the studio wired up. I found an old schematic and it appeared to be wired this way.
Thanks to all,
Bill

The computer sound card is now feeding directly into the Logitech Z2300.

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 06-01-2006).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online