SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#209180 - 02/14/03 02:12 PM More great styles converted by Joe Waters
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just finished playing Bonus #7 from www.psrtuturial.com For those of you who haven't downloaded this package, go to http://psrtutorial.com/PSRFiles/F_Styles/S_Tyros/s_tyros.html and click on Bonus #7. The styles are free, Joe has done a great job of converting them to PSR-2000 styles and they really sound great.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#209181 - 02/14/03 08:44 PM Re: More great styles converted by Joe Waters
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
Thanks for the compliment, Gary. You'll be happy to know that I just uploaded Bonus8 with another 15 styles. That page now has 120 styles available.

#209182 - 02/14/03 08:50 PM Re: More great styles converted by Joe Waters
Beakybird Offline

Well done, Joe. I am using these new styles every day on the job.

Beakybird

#209183 - 02/15/03 02:56 AM Re: More great styles converted by Joe Waters
trtjazz Offline

Joe,
As always, thanks big time for your efforts on these great styles.

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#209184 - 02/15/03 03:02 AM Re: More great styles converted by Joe Waters
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
JOE. Any more news about you converting the Korg PA80 Styles to Yamaha ?.

Graham UK

#209185 - 02/15/03 07:10 AM Re: More great styles converted by Joe Waters
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
JOE. Any more news about you converting the Korg PA80 Styles to Yamaha ?.

Graham UK

I only have a limited amount of time available and, at the moment, covnerting the Tyros styles seems to be the bigger payoff. They are excellent styles and are easier to convert than the PA80 would be. That means I can do 2 to 3 Tyros in the time it would take to do 1 PA80. I have also found the PSR 9K factory disk styles to be really good and have also been working on those inbetween the Tyros2K. The PA80 is on the list, it's just not on the top yet.

#209186 - 02/15/03 12:06 PM Re: More great styles converted by Joe Waters
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
JOE.Thanks for the info. No pressure,(NEXT WEEK WILL DO HA!!!) I was just checking that the PA80 Styles are still in hand. Although I use the 9000Pro now I previously owned Korg i3 & i30.

JOE.Well done on the good work you put in to make your site so enjoyable, possibly the best Yamaha Site available.

Graham UK

#209187 - 02/15/03 02:13 PM Re: More great styles converted by Joe Waters
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I am in the process of converting some PA80 styles. As Joe mentions, it's a good bit more work than converting some of the others. The process includes converting each variation of a Korg style to a seperate standard midi file and then reassembling the resulting midifiles and seaming them together into one midifile while properly placing variation "markers" in the sequence. Then the new midifile is sent to Michael P Bedesem's style maker and made into a style. Another issue is that on my computer the latest version of Michael's program isn;t allowing for proper conversion of note data to C maj7, so I have to do it manually. I am trying to figure out what is going on but I'll probably eventually defer to Michael since he knows his own program better than I do and always seems able to come up with a fix. To add to the work, some of the PA80 style are set in keys other than C too

In addition, another problem that I have is that I do not have a Yamaha arranger at this time, therefore I can't accurately remap the patch voices / bank data so that they will correspond with panel voices on your Yamaha arrangers. I do have an XG software module however, and may consider resetting the voices to correspond to it. So far though the XG module has been playing them ok anyway. It is picking up the patch numbers and ignoring the patch banks so the module is reading the Korg's setups as GM patches. by the time I finish the conversions, I'll might already have the Tyros, so I'll use it a reference and modify the styles myself with the assistance of michael's style updater program. Otherwise I'll do it later using XG patches.

I use the styles inside of XG works, which allows me to record styles and chord / key data in step time when I want to use Yamaha style files for songs.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 02-15-2003).]

#209188 - 02/15/03 06:18 PM Re: More great styles converted by Joe Waters
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hello Joe.

You are making a great work with Yamie styles.
I have a brasilian collection of Yamaha and Roland original styles that I can send to you.
Regards,
Chico

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online