SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#209095 - 06/28/01 11:42 PM Re: More on the SD 1
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
JCKeys: I look forward to hearing your comparison of the PA80 to the SD1 Monday. I'm enjoying the PA80 more than I thought I would. The drums sound extremely realistic. In fact I like all the sounds except the electric guitars. Still searching there.
All this just reinforces what we all say--it is imperative that we spend some time with any keyboard we are considering and make certain it suits OUR needs, not those of someone else.
DonM

#209096 - 06/29/01 07:18 AM Re: More on the SD 1
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Dreamer....As you know I have not played the SD1 but I have played the X1. I can say your comments apply to that keyboard also.
DonM....I have to tell you I like the PA80. The SD1 will have to "Knock Me Out" to make me change. Sometimes(if not always) too much "Choice" is not a good thing! How did you make out with the cable for the FC5 Ft.Sw.

#209097 - 07/01/01 09:16 PM Re: More on the SD 1
DonM Offline

JCKeys: the dealer where I bought the footswitch has a cable for me, but I haven't picked it up yet. Thanks for your help.
Dreamer: I just visited your web site and I'm downloading "Hurt". The link to the other song seems to have an error. I get a bunch of script when I click on the link.
You used the same page layout as I did!
DonM www.donmasonmusic.com

#209098 - 07/01/01 11:31 PM Re: More on the SD 1
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Don,
yes, after checking out I 've found that we have the same page layout! I thought that the white/light blue combination was the most pleasant to the eye.
Hope you like the songs; I have uploaded them one more time because of the problem you mentioned. Some of them (like More or Manha de Carnaval) are just me having fun with the VA 7 styles, while others required more work.
Hope you enjoy them and can't wait to hear your critical opinion.

#209099 - 07/02/01 07:12 AM Re: More on the SD 1
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello JCkeys and others,
Your comment about the Sd1 "only for live performance , not studio" is way off . The Sd1 is perfect for Studio application as well as live performance . Dano

#209100 - 07/02/01 07:46 AM Re: More on the SD 1
DonM Offline

Dreamer, the song "Hurt", that I downloaded worked fine and is very good. I'm very impressed with your photography also, as that is one of my hobbies too. I used to do a lot of corporate photography when I was a "civilian' (that means non-musician).
Now is mostly digital photography.
DonM

#209101 - 07/02/01 07:59 AM Re: More on the SD 1
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi Don,
I have uploaded other songs too; in one of them in particular (Over the Rainbow) I have tried to recreate the phrasing of a tenor sax player. I will re-upload The Green Leaves of Summer this evening, when I get home; in this song I have tried to preserve the mexican atmosphere (remember the Alamo battle movie with John Wayne and Richard Widmark?), but I made an exception to add the slide guitar to please my friend Scott Yee.
I hope to upload another 20 pictures too between today and tomorrow.
Regards
Andrea

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online