SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#208857 - 11/07/07 06:35 AM Re: NORD C1 demo..........
Dnj Offline

http://www.gearwire.com/nord-c3-winter-namm.html

Heres yet another Video demo of the C1

#208858 - 11/07/07 06:42 AM Re: NORD C1 demo..........
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
... But my ideal would be to have the C1, with a Nord Stage engine inside it. The PERFECT 'jamming' keyboard, as far as I am concerned...

Hopefully, Nord will develop it. It would be KILLA'..!

That's pretty much my idea too, Diki. The C1 is a great concept that could be taken a couple steps further. When I contacted Nord about the C1 (regarding drawbars), their response was that they were looking to make the best clone organ at the lowest possible weight and price. Adding features would only add to the weight and price. Unless they see a real purpose and market for a step up, I feel they are satisfied with their current design.

#208859 - 11/07/07 11:58 AM Re: NORD C1 demo..........
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Not convinced about that explanation, cassp...

If you think of the switches, great big LED readouts for drawbar settings, and all the associated circuitry to drive it, I doubt a set of REAL drawbars or two would add MUCH extra weight to the Nord's.

No, the REAL improvement is for the preset guys... The LED's always show the correct settings when you change presets (and you can adjust them immediately), whereas drawbars would have to be motorized if they were going to reflect a preset change, or you would have to have a set of LED's AS WELL as drawbars to indicate the preset registration (and you would have a 'jump' as you moved the drawbars off the preset).

For all my love of real drawbars, after some practice I am getting used to the switches...

You know, if they could keep the weight under 45 lb. a C1 with a 73 lower manual and a Stage engine wouldn't be bad, either...

#208860 - 11/08/07 12:40 PM Re: NORD C1 demo..........
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Diki, we differ on one point. It's my experience that the jackasses of the world can't play. The best players/singers I've known, and I'm talking about people in the class of Ella, Ray Brown, Steve Warner, Chet Atkins (only met him briefly-a gentleman)and others are secure enough in their abilities not to resort to smart ass remarks, put-downs, etc.

People of substance I've known have a respect for humanity, and, while they might laugh inside at the antics of the egomaniacs, their ability is reflected in their attitude about everything.

Of course, it's easier to be nice if you're not hungry and secure financially, which most of the real talents are. When you have to fight to put food on the table, the game and the rules probably change.

At least, that's how I see it...

Russ

#208861 - 11/09/07 12:26 PM Re: NORD C1 demo..........
Diki Offline

Was this the thread you intended with this comment, Russ?

Just not sure how it segues into what we've been saying here, lately. Maybe it got lost in the edits by Nigel, earlier, or you are just continuing the horseplay at the start of the thread, but it seems that things have settled down. No need to re-stir the pot, perhaps?

(Not that I necessarily disagree just that we didn't seem to be on this topic, here)...

#208862 - 11/09/07 12:35 PM Re: NORD C1 demo..........
Diki Offline

OK, went back and revisited the earlier (and edited) posts, and now I see where you're coming from. But I'm afraid I've seen (and played with) my share of great players who WERE jackasses, too..!

So I guess you could say I'd rather listen to a jackass that could play than one that couldn't (but I'd rather BOTH could quit the 'jackassedness'!)

Mind you, that's probably what they say about US, too!

#208863 - 11/10/07 12:40 PM Re: NORD C1 demo..........
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Diki, after I thought about it, I know that many of my Jazz hero's (Chet Baker, Monk and others) were not very good people. I appreciate them a lot less than the Ray Browns of the world.

Sadly, even my friend Winston we talked about here is "difficult" sometimes.

R.

#208864 - 02/16/08 01:33 PM Re: NORD C1 demo..........
Dnj Offline

Heres some interesting opinions about the C1 & Hammond organs....

http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=161452&an=0&page=12

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online