SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#208799 - 10/26/02 03:47 AM New Keyboard? SD1! and no tyros...
ReneT Offline

Loc: NL
Hi guys (and girls),
We've had several discussions about different keys already here, but I have made my decision yesterday after playing the Tyros myself, MY NEW KEYBOARD WILL BE A KETRON SD1!

Why?

Just that simple, the styles and sounds esp. drums are so much better,it gives people a WOW feeling, and I have to admit, the styles of the Tyros are improved, but do sound thin IMO.
Yes the Tyros looks good yes the Tyros is easier to use but... the emotion you can provide people listening to your music is the biggest issue isn't it?
Anyway my good old PSR8000 will still be carried around for I need 2 keyboards just to be able to switch sounds very quick.
And the yammie is used as my personal monitor...

Rene

#208800 - 10/26/02 04:45 AM Re: New Keyboard? SD1! and no tyros...
trtjazz Offline

Rene,
Congratulations on your choice for a new board. I'm sure you will be happy with it. Alot of times after we use a board for awhile as you have used the 8000, we're ready for a "new" sound.
jam on,
Terry

#208801 - 10/26/02 07:01 AM Re: New Keyboard? SD1! and no tyros...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
René,
I am glad for your decision and agree with you; both the Tyros and the Genesys are good keyboards, but one has to look at one's individual needs and (of course) taste. I am sure that on this Forum there is another dutchie that will be VERY happy with your decision; I'll give you a clue: his name begins with a "R"...
I am curious to know if you have the possibility to play a Genesys, because we seem to share the same taste, at least keyboard-wise; I admit that the Genesys is a very interesting keyboard, but have a feeling that GEM in the near future will make us a surprise (Drake?); at this point the Genesys could become for me a serious contender as "best buy" (my other option is a "clearance sale" for the 9000 pro, which right now seems more than a possibility, given the drop in price at least here in Italy).
Happy playing or (as Terry would say) jam on!
Andrea

#208802 - 10/26/02 08:49 AM Re: New Keyboard? SD1! and no tyros...
Roel Offline

Hi Rene,

Did you purchase/order the SD1 or did you just announce your 'deciding' ?

In both cases CONGRATS !
It is good to see people decide to choose for an 'oldie' (SD1 is about one and a half year on the market now ) while the Tyros is brandnew and not even available for customers right now !

More people write sceptic reviews now because they experience the Tyros as I did a few weeks ago. Look at www.ketron.de.vu (German !)

I hope you solved your feedback and 'space' problems using the DSP110(s) and building your new studio has started.

Andrea :
I have no idea who might be the Dutchie ....... starts with an "R" .....??

Zoel

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 10-26-2002).]

#208803 - 10/26/02 09:08 AM Re: New Keyboard? SD1! and no tyros...
Dreamer Offline

Zoel???

#208804 - 10/26/02 09:43 AM Re: New Keyboard? SD1! and no tyros...
trtjazz Offline

Hey Zoel,
"More people write sceptic reviews now because they experience the Tyros as I did a few weeks ago. Look at www.ketron.de.vu (German !)"

Would you really expect any different on a Ketron related site? I would expect on a Yammy site they would bash the Ketron and on Roland, bash both etc....
jam on,
Terry

#208805 - 10/26/02 09:54 AM Re: New Keyboard? SD1! and no tyros...
Roel Offline

Oops .... I made a few mistakes :

a.
Not the Ketron-site but a Yammie forum show the views
www.yamaha-europe.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=PSR9000&number=1

b.
I typed in Roel but my screen shows Zoel...... still no clue who Andrea is talking about

Sorry guys LOL

#208806 - 10/26/02 10:17 AM Re: New Keyboard? SD1! and no tyros...
trtjazz Offline

Roel,
Sorry I have a hard enough time with English let alone German. But whatever, they are certainly entitled to their opinion as well good or bad.
Terry

#208807 - 10/26/02 10:27 AM Re: New Keyboard? SD1! and no tyros...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You're right. Everybody is entitled to his opinion, whether they agree with me or whether they are wrong.
DonM

#208808 - 10/26/02 11:15 AM Re: New Keyboard? SD1! and no tyros...
Dreamer Offline

Roel, basically what do they say on that German site? (Just a summary, thanks)

Don,
you are too liberal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online