SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#208648 - 01/05/02 04:44 PM improvisation or work?
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
Hi,
I would like to ask this question to those who use their kb live.
Which are for you the places of the work and the improvisation when you are playing in a live situation?

For example, when I play a song, I know exactely the moment when I will push the button for a fill-in, or the moment when I will change the sound of the upper part...
So, if I play this song 3 times one after the other, it will be three times EXACTELY the same song.

I am for a "scientific" work with my kb, because they are many buttons, and many occasions to make faults, what I can't accept on the scene.

Would like to have your opinion on this point of view.
Thanks a lot.

#208649 - 01/05/02 07:09 PM Re: improvisation or work?
Dev Offline

I think the most important feature I would like is a way to recover from a crisis situation in a live situation. Like - my fills have a lot of orchestration and are at times 8 or even 12 measures long. Due to moisture, the switches give problems and at times they trigger late, so if the fill starts a measure late (fast tempo) then I will want a function on my board to recover quickly from this situation.
dev

#208650 - 01/05/02 11:47 PM Re: improvisation or work?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Every night is an adventure. I seldom play a song the same exact way twice. Same beat, same tempo, but my right hand has a mind of its own.
DonM

#208651 - 01/06/02 12:12 AM Re: improvisation or work?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Thank God we are not computers.....

#208652 - 01/07/02 08:54 PM Re: improvisation or work?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
"...Open the hatch, Hal ! "

......."I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that .... "

2001 ......those were the good ole days, huh?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online