SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#208475 - 02/14/06 04:11 PM Re: No Lie! My 2nd Recording attempt of: "Lying Eyes"
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Scott .. I like this one MUCH better ... I don't think the 'Scott Yee' style is compromised, but the song is 'free-er' and not 'crooned' ... my compliments ... and ESPECIALLY my compliments for how you handled the whole situation ... like the PRO you are ...
OTHERS - TAKE NOTE - Scott got some 'constructive criticism' and (I think) listened and came out with a much better product ...
Great job all around, Scott ...
t.

#208476 - 02/14/06 04:13 PM Re: No Lie! My 2nd Recording attempt of: "Lying Eyes"
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Don,

I kind of figured the BS at the beginning was happening whilst you were collecting your thoughts (you know chords and lyrics and stuff). Did I figure correctly? I really thought that once you got going it was very good (the norm for Don Mason).

Tom

Tom

#208477 - 02/14/06 09:22 PM Re: No Lie! My 2nd Recording attempt of: "Lying Eyes"
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yep you figured correctly. I screwed up the little intro, then talked a little, while I thought about how to play it, then played it a little better. By the end of the song it was pretty close.
DonM

#208478 - 02/15/06 06:52 AM Re: No Lie! My 2nd Recording attempt of: "Lying Eyes"
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Scott....I've been away from the forum for a while, busy with the reconstruction of the restaurant and came by to try to catch up on the forum.....heard your rendition of
the Eagles hit "Lyin Eyes"....well, it's not
a copy that's for sure, and that's good...it
sounds good as it is....the guitar sounds are good your vocals are good although your voice and style are better suited to other types of music, I enjoyed it and so will your audiences and that is what is important
you done good.....continue to be creative...
TR

#208479 - 02/15/06 05:52 PM Re: No Lie! My 2nd Recording attempt of: "Lying Eyes"
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Scott, I think this version is better than the first. I'd speed it up a few bpm though. I could tell you were trying to phrase it different vocally, and that worked, but at this tempo it almost now creates a "i'm waiting for the music to take me to the next line", sort of feel now. Not a huge tempo change, just a little faster.

I could hear what you were doing in your right hand this time; which i liked. And yes, the harmonizer sounded much better.

#208480 - 02/16/06 02:40 AM Re: No Lie! My 2nd Recording attempt of: "Lying Eyes"
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Scott, I did enjoy listening to this version. I actually like to hear your own style come through rather than a carbon copy of the original. I can listen to a record for that. I really think it is a mistake to think that covers should sound identical to the original. It always sounds more natural to adapt the song to your own style and adds a new flavor to the performance that makes it much more interesting to listen to. Successful covers of old songs always add a new spin to the song they are covering.

Well done !!!!

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 02-16-2006).]

#208481 - 02/17/06 08:50 AM Re: No Lie! My 2nd Recording attempt of: "Lying Eyes"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Thanks to EVERYONE for your thoughtful replies. The critiques & suggestions given of my original song rendition version posted (in particular the one given by Rory Hoffman (aka: FAEbGBD) in the related thread , I found especially helpful. Thanks again guys. - Scott

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online