SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#20840 - 02/18/99 04:06 PM OB-SX with DSX Sequencer
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have purchased an OB-SX (not yet received) and I want to increase its capabilities by adding a sequencer. I understand that the Minisequencer would work (if I can find one) and that the DSX would also do a better job. What kind of extensibility does the OB-SX offer as far as VCO/VCF control. I understand that this synth is a preset beast so how a sequencer would be able to address them individually or in combination escapes me right now. Is anyone out there conversant on this topic or can point me to some info that can answer my questions about this combination ?

#20841 - 03/11/99 03:43 AM Re: OB-SX with DSX Sequencer
miraz Offline

Loc: Hollywood CA USA
Well Steve, I have both units as well as a OBX. The first thing do not expect to do a polyphonic playback. the CV out and in will only control one voice on these units as well as others. the reason for this being you could have one voice controlled by the sequencer and still be able to play poly parts on the remaining voices. My OBS-X is the full 6 voice model so one voice is recorded and the others are free for me to "play" on. My OBX is a 4 voice with the DSX input. I use the DSX to record the OBX, MOOG, S.C. and ARP synthesizers in my rig. this is very cool. It takes some practice to get things going at first. But it also will not forget your sequences when shut off. Of course you can clock a drum pattern . I have two DX's. For a live situation it a little risky. but I am tempted to do it one of these days. Im planning on purchasing a OB8 sometime this month and that will push me. You can also save your sequences to Tape. Oh make sure your keyboard response is well. if not, the DSX will playback stuff perfectly but with tuning hiccups. the OBS-X did this at first until I had it fixed.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online