SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#208240 - 07/16/05 07:44 AM Used the z-5500 last night.....,
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Played the same club last night that I used the Dawn system,

Got to say the Z-5500 sounded great, played very well, I couldn't get the center channel to work though.

I took 2 sats and did a left / right on my keyboard. Gave the girl singer 1 sat pointed to her and the last sat pointed to the audience.

Other than the set-up and trying to get the center channel to work, they sounded great for the small room much better than the dawn

#208241 - 07/16/05 08:29 AM Re: Used the z-5500 last night.....,
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Frank,

The center speaker will only work if the Effects are set to Pro-Logic II Music and the switch on the back is of the remote receiver is set to 6-Channel Direct. Then all speakers are put into play. If you have trouble making everything work using these settings, email me your phone number and I'll walk you through the process.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#208242 - 07/16/05 09:01 AM Re: Used the z-5500 last night.....,
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
So I would need to use all 6 input then, I guess a couple of extra y's?

#208243 - 07/16/05 12:58 PM Re: Used the z-5500 last night.....,
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Nope,

Just a single, stereo input. Plug it into the side of the remote control receiver where you see the little musical notation mark. A cable with a 1/8-inch stereo, male plug at one end, and a pair of RCA male plugs at the other should have come with the speakers. Pick up a couple RCA to 1/4-inch phono adapters and plug the RCA's into them. Then you can plug the 1/4-inch plugs directly into the keyboard's normal output jacks and you're ready to go. Make sure the small switch on the back of the receiver is in the full, up position.

You'll hear an amazing difference in the sound quality.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online