SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#2078 - 02/23/05 08:41 PM Hate to sound like an echo.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not sure if this is a repeated question, though I couldn't find anything on the search. So, what will it hurt besides my only face?

I can get the hardware side and the software invovled in makeing electronic music but I'm curious as to what it takes on a musical side. Right now I am learning how to read musical notes for a piano. Trying to understand alot of the terms yet failing. Online is a valuable resource but its so spread out it is hard to gather it all together.

Any one give me some direction on what concepts I should learn about music and sites, books, etc.

I know I've left alot of gaps so I'll try and pay attention long enough to fill them in. Hope to get an answere.

Added note: Sorry I just re-read this, I should get some sleep. I sound like a rambleing idiot...

[This message has been edited by Cryo (edited 02-23-2005).]

#2079 - 02/25/05 01:28 AM Re: Hate to sound like an echo.
Alone&Forsaken Offline

#2080 - 02/25/05 05:48 PM Re: Hate to sound like an echo.
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Hey....a color coded keyboard....!!

...Just like Linda McCartney!...cool!

#2081 - 03/21/05 03:14 PM Re: Hate to sound like an echo.
sketchpad8by12 Offline

Learning to read music is a great, but I wouldn't get too bogged down in it. What you might want to try is just simply making up melodies in your head and then using your technical skills - Which it sounds like you have a lot of - to lay down some tracks etc. and see what you come up with. Trial and error. I recently bought a micro korg, and I don't know the first thing about it. THere are so many different sounds. It is fun, I did take a few piano lessons a few years back but didn't get to far with the reading. What really helped was the scale exercises which you can get out of any entry level book. But I stress.. try using your ear. learn a few cords etc scales and so on. I don't mean to sound trite, but just fake it!

#2082 - 03/21/05 03:18 PM Re: Hate to sound like an echo.
sketchpad8by12 Offline

*correction*

"great experience"

"too far"

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online