SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#208120 - 02/25/03 01:56 PM What's Your Favorite "KOOL" Arranger KB Feature
Dnj Offline

I thought this would be an interesting subject for us to discuss. On the G1000 there is a "MARKER A-B" feature buttons that allow you to mark 2 spots in a sequence in real time and then extend the song from those points which is very usefull in the right situation.

Soooooo whats your favorite?

#208121 - 02/25/03 01:59 PM Re: What's Your Favorite "KOOL" Arranger KB Feature
Zack Offline

you know those little white and black keys towards the front of the board? i know we don't use 'em too much because we mostly spend out time on the other buttons that have lights next to them, but i like these because they make noise. hee. :-D

#208122 - 02/25/03 02:09 PM Re: What's Your Favorite "KOOL" Arranger KB Feature
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The power switch[turn off] at the end of the night,so I can go home...If I am already home the same power switch[turn on], so I don't have to go to bed.....Oh well ,,duty calls...

#208123 - 02/25/03 02:21 PM Re: What's Your Favorite "KOOL" Arranger KB Feature
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Until last Saturday, I was impressed that the memory card slot on the back of the PA80 was just the right size to store a stack of business cards! Then I went to take one out and found that they fell in too far to reach !!!!! (I know, dummy me)

I guess the dual sequencer on the Korg is the coolest inovation out there. No one else has one.

#208124 - 02/25/03 02:43 PM Re: What's Your Favorite "KOOL" Arranger KB Feature
Fran Carango Offline

The PA80 needs two sequencers, because of downtime reading format0 or is it format1..Am I correct , Korg still takes forever to convert the format before playing? Poor Donny would lose his dance crowd on Thursday nites, waiting 30 seconds or more for a sequence to play[besides his following do not have that much time too waste, average dancer is 92 years old.]

#208125 - 02/25/03 02:48 PM Re: What's Your Favorite "KOOL" Arranger KB Feature
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
The Yamaha Music Finder !

I often get requests not for a specific song, but by a specific artist, era, or genre/style. With my custom Music Finder, I can almost instantly sort/view a list of the songs I know by just about any criteria I ask for, and then select, load and play the song right away. Very Kool !

#208126 - 02/25/03 02:59 PM Re: What's Your Favorite "KOOL" Arranger KB Feature
Fran Carango Offline

Scott, that is a good feature..Donny is taking it to another level writing his own performances and grouping them to meet his needs, on his G1000..This allows you 192 performances and can load additional groups of 192 performances in a few seconds..Maybe we should add this as "KOOL" things..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 02-25-2003).]

#208127 - 02/25/03 03:36 PM Re: What's Your Favorite "KOOL" Arranger KB Feature
Dnj Offline

The Music finder on the 2k was the last straw for me and Yamaha. I was going blind trying to find the songs as I scrolled down the list, then once you hit enter the song comes up ok, but not in the Key you want and you have to change that somtimes, then make sure your in the right Octave, and then the worst thing is that OTS LINK!!!! thats always on. When you got 200-400+ people dancing in front of you almost every gig I can't be bothered with all that stuff. I gotta go bang bang into the next dance song. Theres nothing worst then people standing there looking at you fumbling with your KB!!The G1000 has eliminated all that for sure.
Navagation is crucial!

#208128 - 02/25/03 04:09 PM Re: What's Your Favorite "KOOL" Arranger KB Feature
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I would say having access to the hard drive of the SD1 is the most handy feature . Another nice feature is the drum + bass feature . I have a guitar player sitting in for a MArch 15 th St.Patty's Day Gig . I di not have to rework the sequences . All I have to do is hit the "drum + bass" mode and with will take out all parts except drums + bass . Drum + Bass is now assignable to the foot switch with 4.0 !
Dano

#208129 - 02/25/03 04:29 PM Re: What's Your Favorite "KOOL" Arranger KB Feature
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Donny, sorry to hear you had all those problems working your Music Finder. Not so for me, especially because the Tyros appears to have corrected those complaints you listed. The Tyros Music Finder letter font size is MUCH larger and easier to read. On the Tyros, the OTS link status will stay OFF (if you choose), while switching between songs in Music Finder. To remember the key transpose setting, I just save it as part of the song title. I'll admit that the Music Finder has plenty of room for improvement (enhancement), like linking a song record to a specific registration file, as well as supporting styles located on the HD), but I still find it useful & intuitive for performing 'on the fly', and I assure you that I never give my audience the impression that I'm fumbling around (dead time) looking for the next song to play. I find the Tyros navigation a big improvement, as it also allows you to call up different Registration files WHILE you're still in Music Finder, whereas the PSR2000 doesn't. In the meantime, keep us posted on how you you're doing with your Roland G1000 (after you've had it for a while: 6 months). A few years ago , I played the Roland RA800 (module version of the G800), predessor to the G1000, and did'nt find it very intuitive to navigate whatsoever, so I guess it's just different strokes for different folks. Hope the G1000 works out well for you. - Scott

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online