SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#20807 - 07/25/00 02:13 AM Cyclone
Godric Offline

Loc: London
I've just obtained a Cyclone - the manual really sucks - I appreciate it is a complex device but this is made much worse because the manual really is poor. Does anyone have a better way of explaining what's possible and how the thing works. I'm not an idiot, I just can't believe it as hard to comprehend as the manual suggests.

Also there is a reference to a memory upgrade and a memory card and there does seem to be a slot in the side for a ram card - but no socket on the board - Didi Oberheim ever produce memory cards for this?

Any info gratefully received

#20808 - 07/25/00 06:52 AM Re: Cyclone
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The memorie upgrade and expansion work was done by sending the units back to Oberheim, it was not costly. I'm sure this is now history. I used the drummer,and had it updated[100 memorie slots]...Fran

#20809 - 07/26/00 02:25 AM Re: Cyclone
Godric Offline

Loc: London
Thanks for that. WHat did the upgrade look like is it a removable card - or does the unit just remember more because it was modified internally. If it is a removable card any idea what chipas are on it if they're visible. Sorry to ask all these pesky questions about a historic item, but I reckon I can make up a memory expansion - I like to mess with stuff see my Peavey PC1600 memory hack at http://www.gozen.demon.co.uk/godric/godric.html look under the synth pebble.

#20810 - 07/29/00 04:33 PM Re: Cyclone
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Every modification is internal..

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online