SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#20783 - 11/19/00 07:06 PM Matrix6 power-on problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

My Matrix6 has a problem which, over the years, has grown increasingly worse. On occasion, switching the unit on would have no effect. Switching it off and on again usually would successfully power it up, but sometimes it would take more than one try, with the display having all the LEDs lit up, or else displaying some cryptic message.

Holding down the 'Store' button, then switching the unit on also used to work most of the time, 'Calibrating' the unit in the process.

Now I can't get the unit to power up at all. Throwing the power switch on-off-on rapidly will cause the display to light up with PWPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, but the unit doesn't respond otherwise.

Anybody ever seen this display? Or know what it means?

#20784 - 11/22/00 05:27 AM Re: Matrix6 power-on problem
zzzzz Offline

Loc: Milky Way
Hi Len,
My guess is that you may have power supply problems. I doubt it's anything too terribly bad, since you say that it did power up after some coaxing for a period of time.

If it would have been a catastrophic failure, I would think it would have just plain died one day. That's just a guess of course...

#20785 - 11/24/00 04:18 PM Re: Matrix6 power-on problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks zzzzz for your reply.

Since my original post, I have taken the Matrix 6 to my friendly neighborhood music tech, and he didn't seem to think it would be anything major either. In fact, he said it even could be a battery, albeit a very expensive one (~$20).

Sure will be good to get it working again.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online