SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#207786 - 12/31/04 08:30 PM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 newbie!
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
I use a USB hub so I can place it out of harms way. I use a powered hub to provide power to my external hard drive and floppy drive so they won't draw power from the PSR3000. I use the floppy to preview the tons of disks before moving the styles to the flash drive.
Smokey

[This message has been edited by Smokey (edited 12-31-2004).]

#207787 - 12/31/04 09:58 PM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 newbie!
SOMINIUM Offline

Loc: Vancouver,CANADA
Maybe next YAMAHA high-end arranger workstation, replacement for9000pro model will have few slots for smartmedia cards?

that would be very cool feature!

if ROLAND was introducing few cards in their synthesizers why YAMAHA cannot follow same system and make same!

personally i need more style storage on arranger,PSR3000 is great in that way but i am professional and i would like something with better keys and sampler and multiple outputs
that would be minimum for me to convince me to bu new arranger

#207788 - 12/31/04 11:13 PM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 newbie!
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
Tony Rome. Why have 6 items to plug in and out of the 3K when you could do everything you want to do on one 256mb Pen Flash Drive. Just make different folders to put your required files into. A Pen Flash Drive can also be plugged into the PC to load any required files without needing to buy a card reader.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 12-30-2004).]

Graham....I just thought that it would be easier to have it all on seperate cards to be able to move around and to add tunes to be able to manage each file better....also, read down about two posts and read Don M post
You may be right in what you are saying, I'll have to try it out and if it works better, I'll be the first to post saying that you were right and have a better method
although, one card seems like it should be easier to maintain that's why I was looking for the 512 from the start...

#207789 - 01/03/05 04:39 AM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 newbie!
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I'll be getting a 3k (eventually) and using the Smartmedia as a "permanent" installation with a pen-drive for large capacity USB backup.

I'm don't think multiple slots is going to happen; they cost money. I'd expect enhancements to the USB storage system to be a more flexible solution. Using CompactFlash or xD for solid state storage gives higher capacity "on-board" storage anyhow; there's no point sticking to Smartmedia long-term because development has stopped. Smartmedia has been used so far because it is specifically designed to be a cheap (in terms of hardware cost and software modification cost) replacement for the floppy drive.

Whilst I am on the subject, did we ever reach a definitive conclusion about the compatability (or not) of multi-gigabyte USB devices? Could it be something to do with FAT16 formatting (which is limited to 2 gig capacity) - can the PSR's "read" external devices formatted to FAT32 or not?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online