SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#207372 - 02/23/07 02:00 AM Re: Looking for suggestions on Drum and Bass VSTis (software instruments) to replace T2's
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
I tough that the T2 and other embedded keyboards are sounding perfects and you dont need to add nothing else...

I see now there that you are trying to make a new sounds setups with more power and quality.
Forget to routing under VST synths because every styles need a different soundsets and then you lose time to loading the all new sounds.
Maybe it will work on some styles but when then you have to continue swicth styles in realtime you will be cutted out.
Is really a big work, believe me.
The best way is to use one big sampler/streaming and have the all sounds ready in the soundbank ( like a ROM) then you can mappind the all styles in the right and fast way.
IF you really need one special sounds, just clone it with Extreme Sampler converter and add it in your Soundbank, like one ROM sounds.
In this way your arranger will working fine and fast switching from style to style.
Here one example how we make under Linuxsampler: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/samplerlist.txt
We load now this all sounds in background chance RAM in LESS 2 seconds!
There you can also add the all instruments/drumkits that you like with the editor, up to 16.000 sounds mapped GM/GS http://www.lionstracs.com/store/images/LSampler4.jpg

Hope this help.

let me hear one demo Mp3 how you have remapped your styles under a VST system..I'm curious too.

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 02-23-2007).]

#207373 - 02/23/07 03:59 AM Re: Looking for suggestions on Drum and Bass VSTis (software instruments) to replace T2's
jwyvern Offline

rikkisbears,
Thanks for the more detail.

You say

"I can't find a local controll off in the psr which will mute drum /percussion sounds internally (I want

the sd2 play the sounds instead,)while at the same time have the rest of the tracks played with internal

psr sounds."

The Channel Off feature as well as muting stops transmitting the midi which is not required!
So can you not turn the volume to zero and leave the channel transmitting? Then reset the volume externally on your module?

To send drum midi out you need to transmit only channel 10 (& sometimes 9).
Goto Function /Midi. Click on All Parts
then Edit.
Goto Transmit tab
Go down the Channel column with the highlight and turn Off all channels except 10 (& except 9 if necessary)

Note: Top & bott button 3 toggles On/Off
Press Exit, now the User tab & save, calling it a name of your choice. Now you can recall that setup whenever you want.

Hope this does it, I'm not at present 100% sure if you can get volume back on the module.
You might have to untick the CC column against Ch 10/9 so that when you turn the Tyros volume to zero it doesn't inluence the module
John

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 02-23-2007).]

#207374 - 02/23/07 01:19 PM Re: Looking for suggestions on Drum and Bass VSTis (software instruments) to replace T2's
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi John,
thanks a million.

The one obvious thing I didn't think to do was use the " Channel Off " feature, to stop transmitting the rest of the channels to my module. Had totally overlooked this midi feature.

I turned them all off except for 9 & 10 & now it's working perfectly.

Unfortunately the module doesn't have any buttons at all, but it was a very inexpensive & portable way for me to have similar sounds to my Ketron SD1+ keyboard mainly the Ketron's Live Drums.
http://www.ketron.it/prodotti/index.asp?idTipo=2

I bought it for use with OMB software & any ketron sd1 styles I may convert
( ketron styles don't convert well because of the "Live Drums"), but then thought it might be handy to midi it to the psr1500 as well and use the drums.

Up till now I hadn't worked out how to set it up correctly, so once again , thanks a million, I've now got my sd drums & psr style parts.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jwyvern:
[B]

The Channel Off feature as well as muting stops transmitting the midi which is not required!

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#207375 - 02/23/07 01:30 PM Re: Looking for suggestions on Drum and Bass VSTis (software instruments) to replace T2's
jwyvern Offline

Hi Rikki, glad you got what you wanted.
A further point on Channel Off - if you hold down the Off button for a second or 2 the corresponding part sounds solo. Might be useful sometime.

John

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online