SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#207332 - 12/05/04 01:59 PM Played out with Logitech Z5500 sub and JBL's for the first time
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

Due to the interest in adding a sub to fill out the sound in larger room I bought the Logitech Z5500 really with that in mind only. At this point, while I am sure some will be pleased with using that system just the way it comes out of the box, the JBL's sound much better than using the Logitech satellites alone, and I would hope so for the price difference.

If I ever get in a situation where I am "the house band", then I might consider using the satellites, as they do add to a nice full tone to the JBL's and the sub.

I must say that that little and light weight (34 lbs) sub does add a lot of presence to the sound. In fact, it really pumps it out. I had a LOT of spare volume to play with.

While I probably could have gotten buy with just the powered JBL 10G2 Eons, the Z5500 was a very noticible asset to my overall sound.

The remote control with the Z5500 made it very easy to go way out in the room and adjust the sub bass so that it was just the right mix with the JBL's.

I had probably more dancers than the person hiring me had expected judging from previous Christmas parties, and I really believe the sub gave it that extra omph on the bottom that brought them out to the dance floor.

The people were pretty amazed with the sound that I was getting.

I am sure the Roland KCW1 is an excellent sub, but I decided against it only because of the weight (50 lbs) and the dimensions of roughly 18x18x18 was way to big for my trunk.

As it is, the Z5500 sub easily fits into my trunk.

It is very easy to move, as an older lady decided to help move my gear. I carry it in a rolling duffel bag from Kmart. She just grabbed that handle and off she went!

The 188 watts RMS seems to be more than enough for what I was looking for.

So, I guess it's a winner, and definitely worth checking into for a small, light powerful unit.

#207333 - 12/05/04 03:10 PM Re: Played out with Logitech Z5500 sub and JBL's for the first time
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
thanks Scott, for the input

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

#207334 - 12/05/04 05:27 PM Re: Played out with Logitech Z5500 sub and JBL's for the first time
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Glad to hear the system is working out for you Scott. During the next three weeks, the 5500 system will be used in 8 of the next 16 Christmas parties.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online