SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#207277 - 01/22/05 04:18 AM Equipment I dislike...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I have used the "pedal creep" for the last few weeks worth of gigs. I have decided that for me, it is useless. Its bottom is made out of felt...which slides around the floor WORSE than any of my pedals do.

I also will share my contempt for the Apex keyboard stand by Ultimate. For me, the unit is too wobbly and the design is questionable. I've had a helluva time getting the legs to retract smoothly into the main section. They come off the guide track which then leaves the unit unable to sit in a flat, balanced way. (I don't like playing up or down hill, lol)

The fix for this is to turn the stand upside down, take it apart and use it for another few gigs. Also, the prongs that the KB actually sit on are difficult to pry out of the storage compartment with out a pair of pliers.

I've been using the Quik-Lok T stand:
http://www.quiklok.com/catalog.music

Thanks for listening, I feel better now...

Looks like I'm snowed in tonight. That'll be 4 big dances that have been scrubbed this month!

Bill in Dayton

#207278 - 01/22/05 06:05 AM Re: Equipment I dislike...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The snow storm you got last night is just beginning here. We expect to get 10 to 15 inches in the Peple's Republic of Maryland tonight.

As for the stand, I have their ultimate stand and it will pretty much sit on anything you wish, regardless of how uneven the floor surface. However, I no longer use it because it takes too long to set up. It's a 3 tier model that all fits into a satin bag. Any takers? $50 plus freight.

As for the footswitch problem, head to Radio Shack and you can buy some small, rubber nubs that are used for stabilizing electronic equipment. They look like 1/4-inch, clear silacone balls that have been sliced in half. They are adhesive backed, stick to nearly anything, and when 4 are attached to the bottom of a foot padal it will not slide on any surface.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#207279 - 01/22/05 07:04 AM Re: Equipment I dislike...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have had an Apex since day 1...that's a long long time..It [actually two] has served me well..I broke the mic boom mount[user error] once, and twice had to retrieve the bars in storage[with a slight modification this was corrected]..
It has never falling over or lost a keyboard...I have used it with two and three boards..
Warranty is absolutely the best of any product I can think of....and not just the music business..20 years and they still warrant the Apex..parts are shipped overnite..
You guys are missing the boat if you are not using an Ultimate Support product..

I also use A double braced X stand {On Stage, that's the brand}, with a mic boom attached..both of the keyboard stands work well, and support the keyboards with stability...
When I notice any bounce it is always the stage and not the stands..

#207280 - 01/22/05 07:12 AM Re: Equipment I dislike...
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I've also had the Apex for probably 20 years and, aside from the rubber on the arms chewed up a little, it is like new after hundreds of trips.

Bernie

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online