SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#207191 - 07/20/07 07:11 PM Re: G-70 is here!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Taike, you're so right!!!

The G70 did a great job tonight. We played a 3-hour freebie for a local merchant and I think we were the hit of the strip. The Downtown Merchant's Assoc. holds a monthly extended hours party, so we pitched in for a friend who owns a shop downtown. Along with us there were two karaoke stages on two side streets, a live band at the opposite end of main street, a Christian rock band a block to our right and us - in front of the store, on the sidewalk. We drew a full crowd all night and gave away a lot of business cards and talked to some interested clients. Maybe the trio will be resurected after all. And to top things off, our friend made imprinted t-shirts and baseball caps for the band. For a freebie night, it was a total blast. Maybe we'll do it again in Sept.

#207192 - 07/21/07 03:37 AM Re: G-70 is here!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Zuki, I don't know why UPS trashed the 2 boxes, but I can tell you it's costing them $560 for damaging my box

Thanks, Cass, Donny, Jim, Taike and Adimatis
What a difference having a screen that I can see!

Cass glad to hear the G70 did a great job!

Russ, can't wait to hear what you think of the G70.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 07-21-2007).]

#207193 - 07/21/07 06:41 AM Re: G-70 is here!
Dnj Offline

Steve so now your on your way G70 style!!

good luck, hope to hear some songs soon also.

#207194 - 07/21/07 07:44 AM Re: G-70 is here!
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
An added note.....
My recent s-900 delivery traveled from Fla. to Wi. and the box arrived in pristine condition. Maybe it's just a few bad employees who are not always on the job when a particular piece travels through their trabnsfer/checkpoints. Heres hoping your board works wonderful for you Russ.
Jim

#207195 - 07/21/07 07:56 AM Re: G-70 is here!
Dnj Offline

It really has to suck big time to be so elated to anticipate a new keyboard & then have to go thru the sadness when it arrives damaged because of incompetent parcel carriers or under par packaging, these units are big, heavy & delicate electronic instruments.....
I personally very rarely receive a KB thru the carrier system instead I will personally drive to where it is to pick it up so I know what I'm getting and can most times try it out on site...Road trips are fun & I love meeting other Musicians also, hope to meet more SZ'ers in the future too....Fran is a Good Co Pilot too

------------------

Donny

“ Choose a job you Love, and you will Never have to Work a day in your life! ”

#207196 - 07/21/07 12:50 PM Re: G-70 is here!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hey, Tony! I'll never record anything on an arranger. I think I sent you the same piece I sent Nigel and Rory, which was a score for a large client (at least it was the rough for the project). I do 10-12 of those a year. Nigel was going to post the rough, but may have lost it. All work is propritetary. That is one the client has given me permission to share. Really have no interest in using the G-70 or any other arranger to record. Don't even have a demo, or publicity photo, for that matter.

Maby I can locate that rough an post it.

Russ

#207197 - 07/21/07 01:06 PM Re: G-70 is here!
Dnj Offline

Russ Id rather just hear you playing solo.

#207198 - 07/22/07 02:07 PM Re: G-70 is here!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Donny, if you'll email me your address, I'll send you a copy of the next rough I do for a client. Should be for an automobilie manufacturer in about 6 weeks. It may be proprietary, so I would be a little hesitant to post anywhere on the internet, but, if I get permission, I'll do that, too. Since I write the script, shoot and direct these projects, the final project is satisfying, even though the music is, at best, 10-15% of the work.

Wish I could find the disk of the piece I sent Rory, Nigel and Tony. It's a pretty typical project, and I had permission to post it from the client.

Film scores are a differeent animal. Lead lines can't be busy when they're mixed down under a voice-over, and structure is strange for a conventional project, due to intros and endings written to carry titling, etc. Also, you write in record in movements which are easily edited for precise timing.

Thanks for the interest. Maby Nigel or Tony will post the piece I sent them last year before I got permission to post it. Or, I might find it.

Other than this work, I really have no interest in writing and recording pieces just for myself. At $1,000.00 plus for a finished minute, I've learned to love this kind of work! And, I've got more than I can handle.

R.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online