SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#20714 - 05/17/00 03:46 PM the new moog synthesizer
synthesite Offline

Loc: stockholm, sweden
http://www.bigbriar.com

- yeah, bob moog is releasing a new synthesizer this summer. actually it's probably a somewhat facelifed and updated minimoog. but that's not bad! i've been looking for a mini for almost 10 years now, so i think the time has come to... abandon the idea of a mini and get this new one instead. we'll see if i'll be able to wait, save, wait... it seems very nice, of course. good luck, mr moog!

#20715 - 05/18/00 08:53 PM Re: the new moog synthesizer
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
Yep , I hear that he is calling it the performance synthesizer . Yeah , go ahead and get that . Why pay $2000.00 for a MINIMOOG , they were unreliable pieces of junk when they were new . Now that they are 25 years old and more depending on when it was made , they are even worse . I have 3 MINIMOOG's , I bought them in the late 80s . I paid 450.00 for the last one . Don't get me wrong , they have a great sound but they are still pieces of junk . Unstable pitch is the most common problem , mine are 100% but I would never be dumb enough to pay $2000.00 for one . Sometimes I feel like taking advantage of these misled morons and sell them , but I'm not that kind of person . Synthesizers are purely electronic , NOT hand made like guitars . Would you pay $2000.00 for a 1974 RCA tv with no remote or cable hookups , or get the High Definition TV with remote and smart picture and stereo surround sound ? It's just electronics and the new stuff blows away all of the old stuff , and it's cheaper .

#20716 - 07/06/00 12:34 PM Re: the new moog synthesizer
SOC7 Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Ditto......Mini's......BIG pain in the, well, you know. I also own several moogs, and the only one that has been consistanly consistant (ha) over the years is the Liberation. Never needed any work, and always in tune. I TOO and looking forward to the July release of the Performance Synth. I only wish that it could have been multiple voiced instead of mono, especially with the midi functionality. It would be nice to have a killer "mini" chord stacked on top of my samplers and workstations. Still, can hardly wait for the release !!!! Keepem' commin' Mr. Moog !!

#20717 - 07/06/00 12:35 PM Re: the new moog synthesizer
SOC7 Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida, USA
oops....didnt proof read my last post. sorry the funky-sounding grammer.

#20718 - 07/06/00 07:07 PM Re: the new moog synthesizer
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
Yeah they are tough to deal with , even worse is the POLYMOOG . That piece of junk went through 300 engineering changes before they got one that worked for more than 30 minutes . But I've got to tell , Gary Numan made them sound AWESOME ! He is the master of the POLYMOOG .

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online