SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#207127 - 12/27/02 03:50 PM Re: Any Info On XG Works here?
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
AJ,

synch problems were not very common; it happened once in a while when I have two much MIDI data. My Pentium II 350 MHz might have also contributed to the problem. Anyway, your comments about N track studio makes me give it a try. Thanks for the info.

Shiral

#207128 - 02/05/03 02:26 PM Re: Any Info On XG Works here?
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Well, I've changed my mind about XGworks. A friend of mine with a PSR-2000 bought XGworks only to discover there was no 2000 support and not much for other keyboards. So we were less than impressed. Anyway, I took a closer look at it and wound up generating all the tables, menus and instrument definitions for the 2000. While I was at it, I did the same for the 740 in anticipation of getting my own copy of XGworks. However, my local dealer is having no luck with Yamaha Canada so I'll have to look elsewhere. Meanwhile I still have Cakewalk and Studioware to generate my sysex. With the new tables you get access to all 5 DSPs, all the instruments and most of the effects so that makes XGworks the current leader in XG editors as far as arrangers go. Jorgen Sorenson kindly uploaded it all to his website so for anyone who is interested you'll find it under PSR software. I tested it with version 3.0.7 and I believe you can update to this version with a patch on Yamaha's XG website. Earlier versions might not support all the DSPs.

Bryan

#207129 - 02/05/03 02:40 PM Re: Any Info On XG Works here?
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

The address of my site is http://home7.inet.tele.dk/js/musik/740pages

Follow menu PSR Links -> Software

Right on the top of the page is the zip archieve with the XGWorks stuff.

Jørgen

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online