SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#20701 - 05/18/99 05:30 AM Realistic Moog Concertmate Synth
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone ever heard of a Radio Shack 'Concertmate MG-1'. It's says made by Moog on the cover. It's basically a polyphonic analog but we are trying to figure out what Moog synth the thing is based on. Are they rare?

Any info would help.

Thanks,
Will

#20702 - 05/19/99 04:33 AM Re: Realistic Moog Concertmate Synth
buinu Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
You should be able to find the information you are looking for at:
http://www.synthmuseum.com/rad/radmg101.html
The MG1 is not exactaly rare. If you check out the classified sections such as Harmony Cenrtal and Sonic State, you can generally find one for sale at any given time.

#20703 - 05/24/99 10:39 PM Re: Realistic Moog Concertmate Synth
Mike Nelson Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove,MN,USA
Yeah, get one, they're great, absolutely nothing wrong with them. They weren't based on anything, I don't think. They had the misfortunes of associations with the Realistic name, and that they just preceded MIDI. They were $500 when they came out in 1981. Less than a year later they were on closeout for $100. Trading mine away was one of my worst moves. Think I'll try to find one. No presets but the controls are good and it's not hard to get repeatable results with practice. They keys are prone to getting dusty inside and you just vacuum them.God I miss it.mn

#20704 - 05/26/99 07:43 PM Re: Realistic Moog Concertmate Synth
Binky Offline

Loc: Valdosta,Ga. USA
I picked up a Realistic Moog MG-1 a few months ago for only $25. The guy in the store really didn't know what it was but I did. It definately is a Moog. I can sit for hours and pull all kinds of classic Moog sounds out of it. If you know a little about analog programming,then you can get some pretty decent sounds out of it.I have a Moog Source and in some ways the MG-1 sounds a bit more classic.But I love my Source and will never part with it.I'm told the Kenton Pro Solo Midi Converter I use with the Source will work with the MG-1 as well.I don't have a manual for the MG-1 and need one.If anyone can help,please let me know. Thanks.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online