SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#206634 - 05/02/05 10:46 AM Fill problem with pedal
mr82thebar Offline

Loc: Baltimore,Md.
Hi all. I have a PSR 3000 . I have two pedals set up. One for vocal harmony, the other for fills. The problem: when pressing the pedal for a fill, it just keeps on going.I have to press the pedal again to make it stop. I'm in the "fill self" mode on the setting. The fills work o.k if done manually. I have also tried switching pedals with the same result. Any ideas?, Thanx, Bob Lee

#206635 - 05/02/05 10:54 AM Re: Fill problem with pedal
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Hmmm...that's one I haven't heard before. Check the polarity of pedal.
Eddie

#206636 - 05/02/05 11:52 AM Re: Fill problem with pedal
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
ditto to what Eddie Shoemaker said. - Scott

#206637 - 05/02/05 01:56 PM Re: Fill problem with pedal
mr82thebar Offline

Already tried the polarity. Didn't work. Bob

#206638 - 05/02/05 03:56 PM Re: Fill problem with pedal
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
What kind of pedal do you have?
Some pedals that has a button to push is just for on/off. I have also seen a keyboard type that has a switch on the bottom that converts it to on when down and off when up to one push its on, second push its off.

If you have the right pedal, and all the setting are correct, it should do fill once if you press and release, or repeat fill over and over as long as you hold it down. which makes me think your pedal is not a on/down off/up type. For the settings I'll have to leave that to someone else, I'm not familiar with the 3k.....Pose

------------------
Support the arts
FEED a Musician
Cheers....Pose

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 05-02-2005).]

#206639 - 05/03/05 10:16 AM Re: Fill problem with pedal
mr82thebar Offline

I finnaly found the problem. One pedal is a Boss brand, and that works fine. The other is a Yamaha which came with the survival kit i purchased when i bought the PSR 3000. It seems that the good ol' Chinese make the pedals as is also the case in 99% of Yamaha products, and the pedal does not work correctly. I replaced it with another Boss pedal and everything is o.k now. The quaility of Yamaha and other companies who use the cheap labor for thier products will hopefuly wake up and get back to quailty before it's too late. Enough of the soapbox ranting. Thanks everyone , Bob P.S. I forgot to tell you that the Boss pedals are also made in ?, You guessed it. Starts with a C and ends with a A lOL.

#206640 - 05/03/05 10:27 AM Re: Fill problem with pedal
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Costa Rica?

DonM

#206641 - 05/03/05 10:55 AM Re: Fill problem with pedal
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by mr82thebar:
It seems that the good ol'Chinese make the pedals as is also the case in 99% of Yamaha products.

Yep, even the Tyros is: "made in China". Though I myself wasn't made in China, I admit that I sometimes 'don't work correctly' either.

It's paradoxical now that it was Japan (at one time) that was the Country considered synonomous with cheaply made goods. I suspect that things will change again, and China may eventually emerge as the sleeping giant and dominate the market (as Japan does now) with cutting edge products, finding yet another someone else willing to do the work even cheaper. This is the sad result of America off-shoring the manufactering base. Yes, cheaper prices for the consumer (which we're constantly screaming for), but putting people out of work here right and left as a result. Funny thing is that with no manufactering base here means the loss of jobs at home, which means not being able to afford buying the products no matter 'how cheap' or 'cheaply made' they become. The only REAL $ winners here I'm afraid are the BIG corporations. Just one perspective of course.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-03-2005).]

#206642 - 05/03/05 02:22 PM Re: Fill problem with pedal
GeneG Offline

Loc: Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Costa Rica?

DonM

Or maybe
Canada...? Columbia...? Czechoslovakia...?

#206643 - 05/03/05 03:03 PM Re: Fill problem with pedal
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
There are two types of pedals. One leaves the switch ON as long as it is depressed. The other is on when pressed once, pressed again, it's off. So, maybe there is nothing wrong with the pedal, just wrong type.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online