SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#206533 - 03/15/05 09:21 AM Re: PayPal Refunding
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
It's a pity you're not living in Germany because I could help you much more as I can do now. The banks provide us the possibility to cancel a credit transfer within smallest two weeks. So, if my money were transfered then I do not wait any longer than 2 weeks for my bought wares. It will cost the bank's assistences only a little smile and I'll get my money back. NO chance for SUCKERs!!!

Hope, you'll get back your money as soon as possible. Good luck, again!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#206534 - 03/15/05 09:42 PM Re: PayPal Refunding
chony Offline

Loc: New York
SOMONE PLEASE CLARRIFY:

What recourse would Phil have had, had he actually bought it through eBay? Would eBay have refunder the money? All of it?

I've started selling off some of my unused equipment on eBay, and don't want to ignore Phil's mistakes!

Thank you,
Chony

#206535 - 03/15/05 09:57 PM Re: PayPal Refunding
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Yes....if Phil had gone with e-bay all the way to the end, he would have recpurse and buyer protection...search e-bay's pages for
more information about buyer protection... there are many options for both the seller and buyer....

#206536 - 03/15/05 11:48 PM Re: PayPal Refunding
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
I have very little ebay experience, I only bought a sound card a few weeks ago and I didn't even used Paypal, I sent a bank draft to a guy in Germany.
Actually the amount was small, 80E, but it is money none the less.
Anyway here's what I did, it is not the path of wisdom, but may give some ideas:

Positive feedback means nothing to me. If you look in the items sold before, you will find sometimes that the seller has maybe 200 positive feedback but all for items like "my mother's wedding photo" costing 1 dollar. So, I am a sceptic when a guy who has sold "assorted candles" for 0.99$ 200 times decides to sell a PSR-9000 pro all of a sudden.

Sometimes you can see other strange things: A guy was selling some studio monitors, and you could see that he actually had bought them in a past auction. So far so good. A closer examination of the dates revealed that he bought them in an auction ending the 18th and had them up for sale on a 10 day auction on the 16th of the same month, and the guy selling them was a 0 feedback guy, in another city in Germany. Germans may be efficient but not THAT much!

Anyway, try to look at the seller's past. It will tell you enough things. The guy I bought the card had a musical instrument past and was selling 4-5 similar items at the same time, replied in emails, and generall did everytjhing right, so he got my money. I hope I am that lucky everytime.

and last, someone said it before ..."If it is too good to be true, most probably it's a scam."
My 1 cent.

#206537 - 03/16/05 07:48 PM Re: PayPal Refunding
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
This guy has good feedback and all of his items were all thousand dollar items such as AKAI music stations, Triton Rack ect, all for very cheap, but not too good to be true. Every said "great contact", "fast shipping" ect.

Yes Ebay would have refunded my 800 bucks, however I find it false advertising of PayPal to claim to have a safe and easy money transferring system. Honestly what difference would it be if I had bought something from an online store and never got the item. Paypal is owned by Ebay and basically run as one. I dont see why they couldnt refund the money.

I found some more info on the guy is bought the board from. He is a somewhat large name producer and I contacted a musician where he was the executive producer for his album. The guy stole a ton of his stuff costing him thousands. He has gotten several attorneys and is even going to hire a PI. He says he will suply me with any contact info he may uncover.

I will soon have to file a small court claim against him. But will be very hard because he is out of state. Im just really really bummed because im 15 and that literally was my life savings, im flat out broke!

Thanks,

Phil

[This message has been edited by Pennywizz6 (edited 03-16-2005).]

#206538 - 03/16/05 09:35 PM Re: PayPal Refunding
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Pennywizz6:
Im just really really bummed because im 15 and that literally was my life savings, im flat out broke!

Now that sucks...

#206539 - 03/16/05 11:29 PM Re: PayPal Refunding
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Fornicate Under Consent of the King
that's what should be done to him,
sorry about any offence, I tried to be as subtle as I could.

I am really sorry about this happening Phil, I can remember what life savings can be at this age, at any age actually.
Do what you got to do about it, but move on, you got a whole life in front of you. May this be the last time you get disappointed.
Theodore
Theodore

#206540 - 03/17/05 05:40 AM Re: PayPal Refunding
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Penny,
Get this guys info and take him to Judge Judy Man she'd eat this guy alive. You'd get your money back in her court (granted you get all the information required to prove your case).

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#206541 - 03/17/05 09:49 AM Re: PayPal Refunding
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Phil.....go to this site and follow the guide
to filing a Fraud Complant.... [URL=http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp ... e-mail]

[This message has been edited by Tony Rome (edited 03-17-2005).]

#206542 - 03/21/05 06:16 PM Re: PayPal Refunding
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
The bad laptop deal that I made a few months ago, that a few here insisted that I should pay for turned to crap. All I did was call VISA and they put it in dispute. That means they would not charge my card and seek the money returned from the vendor, (Seller). It worked perfect. I think they got the money from Paypal and then Paypal chases the vendor or seller.

I received correspondence from Visa saying the account had been settled and I got an email from Pay Pal asking me to try to reach a settlement with them and the vendor in the future instead of putting the claim in dispute with VISA. I think if I buy thought Ebay and Paypal and have a problem I'll just call VISA again. This all happened in about 30 or 40 days.

You'd probably have to deal with Paypal for a year and still not get your money back. I didn't know VISA would do this, but a friend said he used the dispute option before and it worked great. VISA is good people if you pay your bill. I've been with VISA forever, but we pay the VISA bill religiously.

It sure paid off for this bad deal.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online