SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#206292 - 12/13/07 03:33 PM Re: Cassp hows the Roland CM30 so far?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Stopped into one of the local GCs today. Whaddya know they had a used CM30 in a box still sealed. Apparently, someone got it as a gift and didn't want it, so much so they never opened the box. Short story is $119. Sounds pretty decent by itself, but I just ordered a 2nd.

#206293 - 12/13/07 04:03 PM Re: Cassp hows the Roland CM30 so far?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Mo I think we have to compare apples to apples..not to oranges...CM30 is a true 30 watt unit..that actually is pretty loud..

I agree the EVsx series are decent and as you stated..is superior to the JBL eons[personally never cared for them..even the big guys]..
I would say that the EV's, although good trail behind Mackie, and what I believe to be the best ..Yorkville units..
The problem with most of these speaker cabinets...they just don't have the bottom, and are really two way sound systems..
That being said Yorkville has a recent model that is tri amped and gets down there were bass should be..

Also if we need to compare units in the 300 watt range...the Traynor K4, is tri amped, three way sound system that can kick butt..

I am curious why you did not get a powered unit[weight?]..Also did you get a chance to try Yorkville and the Traynor K4?

There are so many great sound systems, that we have to use what works best for us...I have all the bases covered with my 3 systems.
Yorkville's with sub for the band..My trusty antique Roland Keyboatd Cube 100's for "BIG" jobs, and the new "heavey weight champ" Traynor K4...so far handles anything I through at it...The combination of the Roland's and the Traynor are unbelievably great..

I love having powered speakers...more dependable..my 22 year old Roland's verify that..

#206294 - 12/13/07 04:24 PM Re: Cassp hows the Roland CM30 so far?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Fran i think u missed my thread i did when i got back here a few days ago..feet in the water..i had to use a credit from g.kaye..and he isnt EV dealer-- but had 2 like-new passives for $400..add the mixer at $200 that's less than 1 powered EV..maybe doesnt have quite that spectacular sound as the powered one..but gives me more versatility, and they are 11 lbs lighter. mackies are too heavy for me and are more $. the K4 is too heavy for me 57lbs. i dont need heavy bass at all..dont do dance music just jazz/latin/standards. bass i no issue, thats why i prefer a 12 for better vocals even if 15s were same weight and price. thanks/

------------------
Miami Mo

#206295 - 12/13/07 09:39 PM Re: Cassp hows the Roland CM30 so far?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Stopped into one of the local GCs today. Whaddya know they had a used CM30 in a box still sealed. Apparently, someone got it as a gift and didn't want it, so much so they never opened the box. Short story is $119. Sounds pretty decent by itself, but I just ordered a 2nd.

Great price Steve !!! use em well they are kool sounding little amps for sure!

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online