SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#206182 - 12/20/06 11:44 AM Re: I lost something...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I just got off the phone with an outfit in Arkansas that sells the mic for $361 plus $25 freight. And, while the claim they have sold thousands of them, and rarely have a return, they have never sold the hard-wired model and do not stock the mic. The manufacturer didn't have the mic in stock either and said it would take at least two to three weeks to get one to the distributor.

The distributor normally offers a 45 day return policy on all their equipment, including mics, however, in this case, because it's a model they don't normally stock, they would not accept returns if the mic didn't meet my needs. Therefore, I have a friend who is purchasing one in the next few weeks, so I'll try his out and let you know what happens.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#206183 - 12/22/06 08:52 AM Re: I lost something...
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Gary,

When you said you lost something I thought you were talking about your virginity!

Tom

Tom

#206184 - 12/22/06 09:06 AM Re: I lost something...
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I have a friend who is purchasing one in the next few weeks, so I'll try his out and let you know what happens

Anxious to learn of your impressions. The only thing that's held me back from the Crown is it's discomfort.

Glenn

#206185 - 12/23/06 01:25 PM Re: I lost something...
travlin'easy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Gary,

When you said you lost something I thought you were talking about your virginity!

Tom

I wondered what happened to that!

Gary

#206186 - 12/23/06 06:55 PM Re: I lost something...
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Gary: I thought you were a big fan of the Crown. I had recently considered the E6 and the Crown that you liked. I was able to find the E6 wired at a company in California who's name I can't now find. I did not buy it yet. I asked them about omni vs. uni direction. The salesman was that they sell a lot of the E6 mic and he was quite adament that the unidirectional are very problematic and they don't like selling them.

You have to be very careful with the placement of the E6 uni.

http://www.northernsound.net/Sales/mics/countryman/e6instruct/e6instructions.html

There is a discussion of it at:
http://www.churchmedia.net/CMN/audio/21246-countryman-e6-omni-or-unidirectional.html

#206187 - 12/24/06 06:03 AM Re: I lost something...
travlin'easy Offline

I love the sound quality of the Crown CM-311A. It's outstanding, but the fit is just very uncomfortable, eslecially after wearing it for 4 to 5 hours. Additionally, the mic is very obvious, perched right at your lips and the windscreen is about the size of a quarter. The E6 looked like a dream come true, but omni directional mics just don't cut it, especially when you are just a few feet from your speakers.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#206188 - 12/24/06 07:17 AM Re: I lost something...
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I love the sound quality of the Crown CM-311A. It's outstanding, but the fit is just very uncomfortable

Gary, with your ingenuity, have you tried to somehow modify the Crown to make it more comfortable?

Glenn

#206189 - 12/24/06 09:45 AM Re: I lost something...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I dunno, Gary ....
The Bose is so ANTI feedback, that I'd give that little mic a try. I've stood right in front of my system, and even pointed the mic right AT the tower with no feedback.

If you like the headset - it's worth a try, at least, right?

#206190 - 12/24/06 06:09 PM Re: I lost something...
travlin'easy Offline

I'll know in a couple weeks guys--my buddy just ordered his and it is the same model I was thinking of buying. I'll keep you posted.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online